U2 tickets

G

geegee

What is the surefire way of getting tickets online on Friday? I rarely buy tickets so if there is anyone out there who does please advise.

GG

er... get yourself to HMV NOW and start queing...!!

They have planning for 3 concerts...the Fri, Sat and Sun. If they choose to play all three that must be 215 tickets I would guess....surely it will be possible to pick some up...

If you haven't already registered with U2.com there is no sure fire way - unless you're first in the queue outside HMV as suggested above. Personally I'm not panicking - I'll pick up tickets later in the year and if it means paying a slight premium I'll just live with it. U2.com charged €40 just to register anyway!

Just got through to an agent on the phone 0818-719300 - Got Sat night tickets for lower Hogan stand, about 1/2 way down the pitch - woohoo!

And now they are bloody sold out! I wouldn't mind but the same thing happened to me when they were in Slane. And I didn't get to see them there either. And me, who bought the Joshua Tree when I was 9 and faithfully rewound and played til I had every word of every song written down. Going for a bloody breakfast roll. Boohoo :(

Ecommerce at its best. Ticketmaster web site down for most of the time and when it does come back up the concert is sold out.

C

Got three meself for the lower Canal End. Saucy enough to be honest...85 squids for a ticket + add in about 70 quid for ticketmaster handling, service charging, blowing your nose for you charge....

Rang them up using the non 0818 number. Rang over a Dublin number. 01 4569569

Got a ring tone about 8.15, got talked to at about 8.30, maybe 8.35.

As I said earlier, I know 100% they have planning for the Sunday night as well. I know this because a friend lives in the Croke Park residents association cathment area and he got a letter saying that from that organisation saying planning was being applied for the Fri, Sat and Sun.

Should have fecking bought 6...could have had a few people offering me serious favours for them!!!

Re: ..

Ecommerce at its best. Ticketmaster web site down for most of the time and when it does come back up the concert is sold out.
Not true - It was up & servicing all those other customers - It just didn't like the look of you! ;) Do you slag off the phone network because people got engaged tones during the peak rush?

got mine for the saturday. Covered all bases and queued from 5.30 yesterday. was in the top 15 in the queue. (Did a shift change at mid night)

woohooo!!!!

Aaaaaaaaghhhh

So,

One phone in each ear from 8 a.m. onwards, online continuously also and NOTHING.

Got to the third page online only to be told I don' have cookies turned on and I need them on to purchase tickets!!!!!

SINCE WHEN(been always able to before)

Ah Well, c'est la vie - I'll just have to try again when they announce the third date:)

Well done to those who managed to get tickets.

p.s. And I got up early and everything!

u2 ticks

FFS

[broken link removed]

according to gaa season ticket holders, the stadium is booked for a fourth night as well...

Re: Aaaaaaaaghhhh

p.s. And I got up early and everything!
Tell me about it! Though I have to say, as I sat warm and dry infront of the PC, I did feel bad for all those people who had spent hours/days standing in queues to get tickets. I didn't manage to get any, but can't complain. I do hope everyone in the queues did get some though.

Re: u2 ticks

D, I had the very same problem, when I got to the third page, it said that I didn't have graphics or cookies turned on!!

When the Sunday goes on sale, I'm definitely queuing up.

Mollser, I'm not sure that the original planning for the rebuilding of Croker allowed for more than 3 non football events(i.e. concerts).

Jaysus though, theres some insane amount of tickets for sale already on ebay and other such dodgy reselling sites...

Bear in mind too, that when they announced the second Slane gig, there was no notice, they just put them straight on sale...

Re: ..

Hi Rainyday

I spent my spare time when the site was down researching the error code displayed and it pointed to a bug/error in the configuration of the server. My guess is that the site crashed. Also no user friendly error displayed, simply an obscure Apache error message.

When I rang the phone number and got the engaged tone I knew it was due to volume and simply tried to ring again. In this scenario it was hard to know was it a problem with their site, my connection, my PC or my browser. I would be interested to see if they did process any online tickets and if so how many.

As someone who works in the IT industry specifically advising clients on how to deploy, manage and support high volume ecommerce sites I have to say, in my humble opinion, Ticketmaster have not impressed me on this occassion. Then again it is rarely they get demand this high for tickets so why spend money on an infrastructure to support the peak demands when the tickets will be sold anyway by phone.

Then of course I am probably just sore 'cos I didn't get my tickets

C

Quote:

---------------------------------------------------------Not true - It was up & servicing all those other customers - It just didn't like the look of you! Do you slag off the phone network because people got engaged tones during the peak rush?
----------------------------------------------------------

I was lucky enough to get tickets.

But something really annoys me. U2 bang on about being from ireland, and loving Ireland etc etc. And lets me honest, thanks to the artist exemption taxes Ireland has been pretty good to them.
So why is it beneath them to play more irish concerts? lets be honest, they could do 3 nights in Croke Park and they could do another 3 or 4 around the country and they would sell out in the same frantic pace.
I mean, I know there are issues setting up at too many venues, but they could have quite easily played 3 Dublin gigs and 2 or 3 nights in Cork, Limerick or even Thurles at Semple Stadium.

I personally think its an enourmous snub to us all. They are playing London, Glasgow, Cardiff, Manchester in the UK. But they can only lower themselves to play one city here.

They love ireland me backside...

Back