TSW: "Money to run the state must come from somewhere"

The CEO of Cilter (children phone bullying filter) recommended not changing self-employed PRSI which by Irish left wing standards is far right extremism.

Cilter seems more like a naïve Irish young scientist idea for an android app than a company - though a good move to try to get political influence.

Former Director of the European Commission Definitely Left Wing
Policy Officer at the Irish Environmental Network Definitely Left Wing
Chief Executive Officer of Threshold Definitely Left Wing
Co-director of the Nevin Economic Research Institute and an ICTU Nominee Definitely Left Wing

So you have 4 "Definitely Left Wing"

Threshold and Nevin, I would certainly agree with.

I don't know the political views of the Former Director of the European Commission. Why do you say that they are definitely left wing? Likewise I don't know the views of the Policy Officer of the IEN. How do you know that they are left wing?

I don't know these guys either, but I would say that they are far more likely to be right wing than left wing.

Managing Director of a Tax Consulting firm Political slant Unknown
Chartered Tax Advisor and immediate past President of the Irish Tax Institute Political slant Unknown
CEO and Founder of Cilter Technologies Political slant Unknown

I don't know them all "former director of European commission " that's Catherine Day definitely left wing. I think she was responsible for abolishing direct provision after 2024. The government says it will not now be able to do this due to unprecedented pressure it is under due to Ukraine war.

That's the problem with alot of these people it's very easy to decree that something should be banned it's very difficult though then to provide the alternative. Would Catherine Day get her hands dirty co ordinating building all these "own door" accommodation for all these people. No that's left to someone else while she gets appointed to a new government commission. Its regulation without responsibility, that's why this "commission " was able to come up with such an extreme and biased report, they won't have the responsibility of implementing any of it

Hi Brendan

I don't know the political views of the Former Director of the European Commission. Why do you say that they are definitely left wing?

Likewise I don't know the views of the Policy Officer of the IEN. How do you know that they are left wing?
Because EU bodies and "environmental networks" tend to be always leftwing (as evidenced by their policy positions) and dependent also on state funding.
I don't know these guys either, but I would say that they are far more likely to be right wing than left wing.

Managing Director of a Tax Consulting firm Political slant Unknown
Chartered Tax Advisor and immediate past President of the Irish Tax Institute Political slant Unknown
CEO and Founder of Cilter Technologies Political slant Unknown
Why?

I've already stated my opinion on the vested interests of many tax consultants. The ITI for example has a high proportion of Revenue staff members. And business people who appointed to State boards tend rarely to be vociferously right wing.

You can't beat the left and NGO troop to keep demanding the goodies but with the way the world economy is going we are going to be facing a large scale global recession. Large scale cuts will need to be delivered, think back to 2008 but far worse. I'm not sure the taxpayer can face large hikes as I feel the value for money being delivered is so terrible at present.

And business people who appointed to State boards tend rarely to be vociferously right wing.
That's by issue with IBEC too. The members who have a voice have to have drank the Civil Service Kool-Aid to ever get into the position to be heard in the first place. Civil Servants and the politicians who serve them aren't going to have people on State Boards who are going to question their group think.

Back