Trade republic - verification issues

It was after 5pm on the Friday.
I’ve seen sepa transfers from my AIB a/c to my N26 a/c vary widely in the time they take, and second next working day wouldn’t be unusual. Making the transfer after 5pm on Friday is probably the worst possible time given the way AIB operate with transaction cutoffs, short working days (due to Covid apparantly), poets day, 3 day weekend etc. If the money hasn’t turned up by 11am tomorrow phone AIB and notify them that the transfer failed and ask them to investigate. Last time I did this and kicked up a fuss the money magically appeared in my N26 account 45 mins later marked “priority”.

Out of curiosity, I opened the payment log in my AIB app and pulled up the details of a sepa transfer to N26. I had no difficulty screenshotting it. Phone is an iPhone 13 with iOS 17.

Trade Republic says verification will normally take 5 minutes or longer when they have high demand. I'm at 48 hours now so am guessing they have enormous demand since offering 4% on deposit.

Check your account tomorrow morning. AIB would only have sent the payment on Monday morning.
Update, after 11am today the transfer came through. They still did not respond to my recent emails, I assume it just came through the normal procedures I did not wait the 3 days it took in this case for the deposit to come through.

I did not wait the 3 days it took in this case for the deposit to come through
To be fair, it wasn't 3 days. You transferred after AIBs cutoff time on Friday, so it was the same as if you transferred on Monday morning. AIB SEPA transfer to your virtual IBAN with Trade Republics partner bank shoukd have cleared Monday afternoon, and then update from there to show on your account on TR which I assume is a batch process rather than real time.

Still there after 2.5 weeks. Raised a support ticket on Monday but no update.
Very randomly got an email saying verified, note my passport includes my middle name so maybe added middle name into my profile mattered. No idea why it took so long, had so many issues , tried multiple times, multiple complaints etc

Hope it figures itself out as 4% is bar far the best out there really

They are overwhelmed, transfers are taking a couple of days to clear because they are behind. This is what I was told.

They are overwhelmed, transfers are taking a couple of days to clear because they are behind. This is what I was told.
Whats odd is people signed up way before me and had no issue, I got rejected or largely just waiting for verification etc
I wouldnt want to be dealing with them if access to money became an issue
2 weeks is a lot more than a couple of days

Just received this email back so at least I'm not in a void.
Hello time to plan,

Thank you for your message regarding your identity verification.

I apologize for the difficulties you encountered during the identity verification process and for any inconvenience caused.

Due to a technical issue, I’ve contacted FourthLine, our identity verification partner, to reset your profile.

I'll send you an email as soon as the relevant team confirms that you can resume and complete your registration.

Please, note that as FourthLine is an external partner, the verification may take some time.

Thank you for your patience and if you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Have a good day!

Best regards,

I went back to them after searching the other offerings.
Deposited a small amount to see what it's like.
Do I need to tell them the deposit is for savings or is it automatic?

Back