Trade republic - verification issues

irishfinanceguy

Anyone else having issues with verification, its been 4 days now and no update plus driving license rejected as ID

It's not an accepted form of ID.
Exactly - it literally says so on the app...

Screenshot_20230918-104208.png

I found them terrible to deal with. My registration failed at the identification stage. Couldn't progress it any further. Multiple emails and complaints later and they couldn't give any reason for not accepting my registration.
Taken my money elsewhere.

My registration was slow last March but got there eventually. I tried logging out of the app today to see if the interest rate updated to 4%.
And now it treats me like a new registration. Their whole app is very poor, and their processes too

I found them terrible to deal with. My registration failed at the identification stage. Couldn't progress it any further. Multiple emails and complaints later and they couldn't give any reason for not accepting my registration.
Taken my money elsewhere.
I just asked them to reset my account so hopefully thatl do the job, ill try again, its interesting theres questions regarding how secure the money is(which is what really matters)
If their support is anything to go by not looking good xD

I made a bank transfer of €10 last Friday to my account and it still has not arrived. I emailed and they asked me for a screenshot of my transfer which I did not have, I sent them IBANs, reference number and other details and they insist they can't take it any further without a screenshot.

Very strange and it makes me uneasy now, how can you make a SEPA transfer, get the correct details and not have the money go to your account?
Also found it strange they only give you IBAN and BIC details, for Degiro, Lightyear they wanted your transfers to include much more details.

I made a bank transfer of €10 last Friday to my account and it still has not arrived. I emailed and they asked me for a screenshot of my transfer which I did not have, I sent them IBANs, reference number and other details and they insist they can't take it any further without a screenshot.

Very strange and it makes me uneasy now, how can you make a SEPA transfer, get the correct details and not have the money go to your account?
Also found it strange they only give you IBAN and BIC details, for Degiro, Lightyear they wanted your transfers to include much more details.
That is disappointing, still not setup, reset my account, who knows if Ill even get my account open

Also found it strange they only give you IBAN and BIC details,
That's all you need for SEPA. The virtual IBAN is unique to you.

Which bank did you transfer from? A screenshot from your payment log should be sufficient to investigate.

That's all you need for SEPA. The virtual IBAN is unique to you.

Which bank did you transfer from? A screenshot from your payment log should be sufficient to investigate.
Ok, Thanks I did a SEPA transfer. I can't take a screenshot from AIB payment logs as AIB does not allow this on my phone (apparently due to their security, if you try screenshot it won't allow it, but maybe Trade Republic are looking for this screenshot. I gave them most of the detail from this payment log anyway, I don't know why this is not sufficient for them, they should be able to find it.

It is only a transfer of €10 but it's not a nice feeling, because in my mind when I heard about the 4%, I was prepared to transfer a lot of money to them and if it was a higher amount I transferred I would be feeling very uneasy right now. Only email responses, nobody to talk to, not a nice feeling making a SEPA transfer and just hoping your money ends up in the right place.

Ok, Thanks I did a SEPA transfer. I can't take a screenshot from AIB payment logs as AIB does not allow this on my phone (apparently due to their security, if you try screenshot it won't allow it, but maybe Trade Republic are looking for this screenshot
Do it on a computer web browser?
Or take a picture of your phone using another phone?

I can't take a screenshot from AIB payment logs as AIB does not allow this on my phone (apparently due to their security, if you try screenshot it won't allow it, but maybe Trade Republic are looking for this screenshot. I gave them most of the detail from this payment log anyway,
that's exactly the reason why I do not use BOI or AIB for such transfers as they can't give you proof of transaction, where with Revolut is just simple easy.
You should be fine, as long as you used correct IBAN, SEPA Transfer might take up to 3 biz days, that's usual timeline. And again for Revolut it almost instant to TradeRepublic (up to ~1 biz hour, usually minutes).

Do it on a computer web browser?
Or take a picture of your phone using another phone?
I will try this is if it comes to it, I have sent them nearly all details so they should be able to find it. I am not a fan of screenshotting all of my info of a payment and sending it to them, don't like giving out more information re my bank details than is absolutely necessary.

Back