Trade Republic paying 4% on deposits up to €50,000

Ah it's only up to 10k. Meh. Always read the small print as they say. It's still free money but a lot less than I thought, it also seems to be "up to" an extra 4% depending on how many friends you get to join. Way to much effort for the return unfortunately. I guess the marketing budget really is all used up on the 4% deposits lol.

Who on earth would take on this amount of hassle for what, 30 quid?
What's so important to TR to get these extra funds by 31st Dec? Isn't that the date that foreign banks report customers' deposit balances to Revenue?
Just saying .

I only just noticed today I am being paid 2% not 4%, I also see on the best buys the below statement about opting in. I cannot find anything on app and searched around a bit earlier today
Selected Instant Access Variable Rate Accounts

Trade Republic
4.00% on €0.01 to €50,000
  • Access: Instant access.
  • Interest paid: Monthly.
  • This rate requires opt-in inside the a
In an FAQ I see mention of the 2 rates. 'if they have already subscribed to the regular 4% pa interest. Conversely, if they are currently receiving 2%...' I am still not sure where you can 'opt in' though.

Last edited:
In an FAQ I see mention of the 2 rates. 'if they have already subscribed to the regular 4% pa interest. Conversely, if they are currently receiving 2%...' I am still not sure where you can 'opt in' though.
I found it. I am not sure is everyone aware of this. 2% rather than 4% is likely being paid on some peoples accounts. In app; Go to 'Cash', then in Benefits select 'Interest', then 'Earn 4% interest from partner banks'- Activate. Click activate on next screen.

You'll get 4% on €50,000 then 0% on any thing over the 50k.
In other words you'll get approx €166 per month* on 50k.
If you have say 100k in the account you'll get approx €166 per month

* Please note interest is subject to tax that has to be reported to the revenue commissioners.

You'll get 4% on €50,000 then 0% on any thing over the 50k.
In other words you'll get approx €166 per month* on 50k.
If you have say 100k in the account you'll get approx €166 per month
Great so if interest earned pushes you over the €50,000 you won’t be penalised. thanks

Has anyone else ever received a email from TR asking for additional proof of address for your “Source of funds” they ask a number of employment questions and for a proof of address with something that matches to your IBAN that your deposits/transfers come from.

Always abit suss when its an email like this.

Any previous experience with this would be appreciated.

Has anyone else ever received a email from TR asking for additional proof of address for your “Source of funds” they ask a number of employment questions and for a proof of address with something that matches to your IBAN that your deposits/transfers come from.

Yes I'm almost certain I have got that same email from them a couple of months ago.

Yes I did too. I tried to ignore it but eventually had to fill it in and submit bank statement etc. Heard nothing since then.

I have been trying to get an up to date statement from them for a mortgage application by contacting them through their help menu.
I got one reply stating that they issue a statement at end of each quarter but it can take 3-4 weeks to appear in the app under Activity.
However, I'd like a statement now and am willing to pay the €25 so subsequently asked several times for one and to be contacted but no further replies. Anyone else experience this? It's delaying the mortgage application.

I have been trying to get an up to date statement from them for a mortgage application by contacting them through their help menu.
I got one reply stating that they issue a statement at end of each quarter but it can take 3-4 weeks to appear in the app under Activity.
However, I'd like a statement now and am willing to pay the €25 so subsequently asked several times for one and to be contacted but no further replies. Anyone else experience this? It's delaying the mortgage application.
I would like to know also

I requested one today from them for a mortgage application and they said they're working on it. They call it a "bank account statement" which shows all transactions as opposed to a "securities account statement" which shows your current holdings so maybe ask for that and see?

You could try putting in a subject access request.

I requested one today from them for a mortgage application and they said they're working on it. They call it a "bank account statement" which shows all transactions as opposed to a "securities account statement" which shows your current holdings so maybe ask for that and see?
I must be doing something wrong then with the way I am requesting it. I stated several times about wanting a 'bank statement'.
Can you tell me exactly how you requested one please?
Does the quarterly report contain cash deposit transactions as well as the securities account?
Thanks

Last edited:
I must be doing something wrong then with the way I am requesting it. I stated several times about wanting a 'bank statement'.
Can you tell me exactly how you requested one please?
Does the quarterly report contain cash deposit transactions as well as the securities account?
Thanks
I just went through the app. In the help section go to contact us then Settlements & Taxes > Securities Account & Account Statements then put my message in there. Originally they came back to say the 2024 Q4 quarterly statements are out next week but I only set up the account this month so need a statement from inception to now. That's when they came back asking if I wanted a bank account statement or securities statement. They said it'll take a few days and cost €25 which is a pain but no real choice.

Thank you very much. I was asking in a wrong section under general questions. I have sent a message to where you indicated so hopefully it will get sorted now.

Not from TR but I got it from N26 as I was moving my money around between Advanzia, TR and Raisin. Just uploaded statements from each place and my bank too.

Is anyone's app showing the 8% interest for January? I believe I met the criteria but it's still showing 4%

Back