Ticketmaster: person whose cc was used must be one of the people attending the event.

Happy Girl

My brother managed to get me 4 tickets (on HIS credit card) for Justin Bieber concert in March.

Today that I noticed that the person whose credit card was used must be one of the people attending the concert.

I rang Ticketmaster and they gave me the official line that it is the "Bieber" management who set the rule & nothing they can do.

They told me that a similar clause was put onto the tickets for Miley Cyrus last year.

I asked them if my brother met me at the door with his passport could he give go-ahead to me & the 3 others people with me to enter the concert but was told that this was not the policy.

Can anybody who attended the miley cyrus concert last year tell me how they went about checking id of everybody who came in.

Having said that it would be just my luck to be the one to end up getting checked!

Thanks a mil Ajapale. Had considered doing something like that with title but afraid it might be considered as "bumping up post". Might help me get a response to my original question.

I had a similar issue for the Olympia a couple of weeks ago. I rang the Olympia directly and she told me to bring id and a letter from cc owner, letter was to show the last four digits of credit card and was to state that I was permitted to collect tickets - letter had to be signed. Made no sense to me as anybody could have written it and signed it but there you go! . I have often bought tickets for O2 for my sister and she has never had a problem entering venue with a friend - in fact I bought her bieber tickets for christmas so she'll be going with a credit card owner as well! - lets face it the bieber concert is for teenagers - very few of whom will have a credit card owner with them.

Hi happygirl, could u bring your brothers cc with you and if an adult male is with u let him show it and pretend that it's his, I think it's ment to be one of these unenforceable ticket tout rules, or just say your brother is sick and could not attend, I don't think you will have a problem

I rang ticketmaster and asked them if the cc owner was with me at the entrance booth and gave me permission to go in would it be ok but they just gave me the official line that these terms were clearly highlighted when buying the tickets. Am just hoping they will ease this rule closer to the date but leaves me a bit nervy about going to the concert in case there is a problem and especially when there are kids with me.

Yes, I had same problem with miley cyrus tickets for my nieces last year, ended up having to go with them (I had bought 3 tickets in the hopes that their mum would go with them) and it was torture! Good luck with justin bieber!

I rang ticketmaster and asked them if the cc owner was with me at the entrance booth and gave me permission to go in would it be ok but they just gave me the official line that these terms were clearly highlighted when buying the tickets. Am just hoping they will ease this rule closer to the date but leaves me a bit nervy about going to the concert in case there is a problem and especially when there are kids with me.

They won't ease the rule, they certainly didn't for Miley Cyrus last year. Your poor brother!!

does that rule only apply to kid's concerts (younger generation) or in general with Ticketmaster now? When I bought my tickets for the Commitments there was nothing on the website stating such a rule.

I had a thread open for this Ticketmaster

My wife brought my card and my driving licence for Miley Cyrus last year, as she purchased the tickets using my card, and I refused to bring the kids.

She was not stopped searched or questioned about it in any way on the way into the venue. Once the holder of the tickets has the credit card they were booked with I cannot see any hassle for admittance.

Were you aware at the time if they were checking everybody for id as they went in?
I wasn't there myself, i followed the hassle on boards and I think Fat Boy's wife's experience was unusual. Does your brother have his full name or just an initial on the card?

I wasn't there myself, i followed the hassle on boards and I think Fat Boy's wife's experience was unusual. Does your brother have his full name or just an initial on the card?

Not quite sure but dont see how it would make a difference. Even if his initial was just on it we have different surnames (I'm married) and he must also produce photographic id at the event according to ticketmaster. So they have you all ways.

Anyway, do you not think you're a bit old to be going to Justin Bieber concerts, Happy Girl? ;)

I bought four tickets on my credit card and I'll be giving whoever goes in with the girls a signed letter from me with a partially-obscured photocopy of the card. I can't see them being stopped or even checked, once there's an adult present.

Just got the following email from Ticketmaster:

Dear customer

The person who's name is on the tickets must be attending the show. They cannot walk people to the door
ID will be checked upon entering the venue and it will need to match the surname on the booking.
This strict rule has been put in place by the artists management and we cannot make any exceptions

Yours faithfully,
Customer Services Department
Ticketmaster Ireland
Grafton House, 70 Grafton St, Dublin 2
T: +353 818 903001

Guess me and Mrs. Moriarty will be goin for drinkies while waitin for the big boys who will have to go to see Justin with the kiddies!:D

Thanks Happy Girl, mine's a large... oh, wait a minute... :(

Bah, nonsense. How do they plan to check the ID of thousands of hysterical teeny boppers, many of whom probably have no photo ID in the first place?

Thanks Happy Girl, mine's a large... oh, wait a minute... :(

Bah, nonsense. How do they plan to check the ID of thousands of hysterical teeny boppers, many of whom probably have no photo ID in the first place?

They wont be checking ID of thousands of hysterical teeny boppers, only check ID of Credit Card holder who is supposed to be the one accompanying them.

Back