Ticketmaster: person whose cc was used must be one of the people attending the event.

Well tomorrow is "B" day and no sign of possibility of easing anti touting measures according to recent articles in newspapers. Just have to wait and hope I get in tomorrow evening.
In case I dont, Dr.Moriarty, would you check whether Mrs. Moriarty wants a small or a large tomorrow eve while ye all bopping around:D.

Plans have changed, Happy Girl. Now I'm doing backing vocals, so Mrs M and the kids all get backstage passes. Sorted. :)

does that rule only apply to kid's concerts (younger generation) or in general with Ticketmaster now? When I bought my tickets for the Commitments there was nothing on the website stating such a rule.

I had a thread open for this Ticketmaster

No, its an anti-touting thing - they dont want people buying tickets and selling to touts or others at higher that face value. The annual NFL American football game in Wembley also has these rules due to the excess in demand making it attractive to tout tickets.

No, its an anti-touting thing - they dont want people buying tickets and selling to touts or others at higher that face value. The annual NFL American football game in Wembley also has these rules due to the excess in demand making it attractive to tout tickets.

Do you mean "No it won't apply to the Committment's gig" or "No it's not just a teeny concert thing and it applies to all concerts" ?

I presume when you stated "the excess in demand making it attractive to tout tickets" that Ticketmaster keeps the right to certain events and then make it very clearly visible on their site when you buy the tickets right? As said, it wasn't visible on their site at the time I bought the tickets...checked them a minute ago, tickets still available...

Last edited:
Do you mean "No it won't apply to the Committment's gig" or "No it's not just a teeny concert thing and it applies to all concerts" ?

I mean its not just a teeny concert thing i.e. its not due to the age of the audience - more to do with events with very high demand.

Not sure what Ticketmasters policy is in general, but for the NFL games they did heavily publicise that anti-touting strategies would apply, but werent specific as to what those measures would be.

From the email received last week:
Please adhere to the Strict Anti-touting measures
* When entering the venue valid ID (driving licence/passport) matching the surname on the tickets must be produced for inspection. Failure to provide this will result in not gaining entry to the event.
* All tickets purchased within a booking must be presented together on entry.
* Please note under 16's must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
* No queuing before 5pm.

* When entering the venue valid ID (driving licence/passport) matching the surname on the tickets must be produced for inspection. Failure to provide this will result in not gaining entry to the event.
* No queuing before 5pm.

I dont know whether it is a possible easing of anti-touting measures or an oversight by Ticketmaster but first point above only refers to valid ID matching surname - not full name as in previous details regarding anti touting measures published by Ticketmaster. I would have no problem if this were the case as I could bring old passport with my maiden name on it which would match my brothers surname which is name on tickets.

* No queuing before 5pm

This didn't come with my booking confirmation, email follow up or on the website the day I booked it so I presume, it doesn't apply to all concerts.

they are talking about this ticketmaster / justin bieber issue at the moment on Joe Duffy show....

Yep got in ok. Just held closed passport in my hand wit tickets but they didnt look at it - just scanned tickets and in we went. They didnt appear to be looking at ID at all. More interested in taking large posters/placards off people goin in which was fair enuf as they would block peoples views. Great show altogether - very shiny/polished and has to be said very well performed. Kids were goin bezerk but fantastic atmosphere and Bieber certainly gave value for money. The two "Smith Kids" were performing and great DJ "Bluey" who really revved and crowd up before Bieber performed. Now I am goin to bed - had a late loud nite last nite and not able for it any more :D

Back