Things that annoy you

OK.. in your best inner city Dublin accent ..singing ...."Awnly da crumbliest flake is McFlurrey.....tastes like mcflurrey nevaw tasded be foaur"

Nooooo!!!

...well thanks. That hadn't actually crossed my mind for a whole day. :mad:

OK.. in your best inner city Dublin accent ..singing ...."Awnly da crumbliest flake is McFlurrey.....tastes like mcflurrey nevaw tasded be foaur"

Very funny ninsaga! The Dublin inner city accent Dublin is "brewetal" (usure of the inner city spelling for brutal)

The real capital is?

Jaid

Very funny ninsaga! The Dublin inner city accent Dublin is "brewetal" (usure of the inner city spelling for brutal)

The real capital is?

Jaid
It's bruhel, not brewetal.
The real capital is Dublin, the ancient capital is Kilkenny and our second city is... sorry, that's a trick question; we all know that the rest are towns :p

It's bruhel, not brewetal.
The real capital is Dublin, the ancient capital is Kilkenny and our second city is... sorry, that's a trick question; we all know that the rest are towns :p

You must live in your own little world in Dublin?

Also most tourist say that Cork is the real capital of Ireland:p
Jaid

Having recently announced at a job interview that my most improved quality over the past ten years was tolerance, I was amused by quite how victor-meldrew my morning could become. So far today, things that annoy me:

· Baby on Board stickers. Or even worse small people on board stickers. I don’t care if you’re a smug married that’s been able to reproduce. I will be careful in my car because I’m a careful driver (maybe I have issues over the smug married bit!)

· An unnamed furniture store insisting I have the furniture I ordered in March. I don’t. My house is not big enough to hide a three piece suite;

· A junior member of staff summoning me to her office. More annoyed at myself for going and not thinking of appropriate put-downs to make her realise my level of importance (bureaucracies make you think this way);

· The idiot in the open plan office with a cough. Go home, you’re sick. Or learn to cough in some rhythm;

· The other idiot who decides to heat up and eat a vile-smelling dish at his desk. At 10am, who can stomach curry?

It’s only lunchtime and I need therapy!

Lol this thread is great. My rant about barking dogs in backyards should have gone here.

My pet peeves:

Stinking rich builders who have taken about 2 seconds to blame the recent down turn in construction on foreigners taking their jobs.

Rude shop assistants who have lost the power of saying please and thank you. Those Polish girls are going to kick your ass and you'll be out of a job before you can say "Are you alri"

I like it! Someone who's prepared to really get off the fence.

Yorky noone has ever accussed me of sitting on the fence and being PC.
BTW that was only volume 1.
I have reserved no. 20 for VRT and no. 99 for Gerry Ryan.
He doesn't deserve to be any higher in any poll rather than one for the complete smug village eejit.

Self service tills at the supermarket...
- "place item on belt" (I put the item on belt, belt shoots off...)
- "unexpected weight, remove item" (run down the end, grab item)
- "place item on belt" (I put the item back on the belt)
- "place item on belt" (I pick it up and put it back down again)
- "unexpected weight, remove item" (I pick it up, put it down, pick it up, put it down...)
- "wait for store assistance, wait for store assistance, wait for store assistance..." (Aaaaaaah!!!)

The bane of my life. Yet every time I'm in store and the queues at regular tills are very long I'll think "ok, I'll give it one last shot -ONE last shot- as I'm in a hurry" and then end up spending approx 1 hour shouting furiously back at the monotone commands and wondering if the judge would look leniently on me for kicking the screen to oblivion and murdering the obviously sadistic person that came up with the system of weighing scanned goods. The worst is when you have something very light like a greeting card and the belt fails to register the miniscule weight placed on it. Or when you place your reusable bag in the area it is clearly designed to be placed so as to place your goods in, but this drives the weighing mechanism nuts.

The time I had to go pick up some cans for a little party we were having was unforgettable - didn't remember in time that each item you scan has to be placed on the belt before proceeding to scan the next, as there seems to be no facility to enter an item number and scan only one of the items - removing each individual can from the 4pack, placing them on the belt, waiting for "approval needed" from the fatally bored teenager chewing gum and twirling her creole hoop earrings while studiously ignoring me at the "command centre" of the self service tills, then trying to pack approx 24 cans which were by now rolling all over the place into bags while other queuers tutted their disapproval is an experience I have vowed never to repeat.

The use of "been" instead of "being" and vice versa and also when people type "should of" instead of "should have" or "should've". Saw a sentance in a report at work recently stating that something "should of being done". :rolleyes:

Football "fans" who believe the "greatest league in the world" is across the Irish Sea. Rugby "fans" who don't realise that beyond Ireland, Munster and Leinster actually exist 2 other provinces and clubs.

Oh, and Irish people abroad who say "Everyone loves the Irish" - not quite, in poor countries you could be a serial killer, but they like your MONEY! And foreigners who think that because you're Irish you must hate "the English/British" - yet follow Glasgow Celtic, Manchester Ltd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc. And also is it possible for the DFA to send out a worldwide notice immediately to tell foreigners that Glasgow is part of the UK and that saying you support Dundalk doesn't require a follow up "No but who do you support, in football." Then again, teh same could apply to a lot of Irish people!

Back