Things that annoy you

Vegetarian food that tries to be something it's not.

Veggie Burgers
Nut Cutlets
Quorn Sausages
etc.

For God's sake man, have the courage of your convictions! If you are made of vegetables, Stand Proud! don't try to be a substitute for something else.

(by the way, don't have anything against vegetarians, this is about vegetarian food :p )

People in here who go out to Starbucks & bring back coffee just to look cool when we have free coffee here.

Vegetarian food that tries to be something it's not.

Veggie Burgers
Nut Cutlets
Quorn Sausages
etc.

For God's sake man, have the courage of your convictions! If you are made of vegetables, Stand Proud! don't try to be a substitute for something else.

(by the way, don't have anything against vegetarians, this is about vegetarian food :p )
something that I have noticed too but does not annoy me really.

things that annoy me - folks listing off the things that annoy them at every turn - like are you feeling better or worse after racking your brains for rants?:confused:

something that I have noticed too but does not annoy me really.

things that annoy me - folks listing off the things that annoy them at every turn - like are you feeling better or worse after racking your brains for rants?:confused:

Feeling much better thank you very much :D

Can't someone have a (humorous) rant without being criticised?

And yes, it does annoy me. I'm happy that it doesn't seem to annoy you, but there you go, we're all different I suppose.

Feeling much better thank you very much :D
the only other person i know who can feel better after ranting (and raving) on her own soapbox
my mother in law - ney001...:D thanks ney001!
Can't someone have a (humorous) rant without being criticised?
but it aint funny - its moany Oirish begrudgery (lits and lats here have fab cars which might draw your attention to them more than the spot they are in! and typically its up to 4 pages already. rant? more like a whinge!!
You seem to have very little to moan about all the same.

Can't see I've met a checkout operator yet that has not been able to speak English sufficiently and many of them are more pleasant and efficient than alot of their Irish colleagues.

+1 on that, also goes for restaurants, service stations etc.

They seem to appreciate the fact that they have a job and just get on with doing it, part of which involves customer service!

Using mobile phones in the cinema.

I generally like going to the cinema but am finding the obsession with mobile phone usage increasingly frustrating. Yesterday in the IFI, approx. 10% of the audience came in to a darkened cinema with their phones lit up - notwithstanding the big sign "Please turn Mobile Phones off". During the trailers there were maybe 6-8 people texting - and of course thats like that number of people switching a torch on. And finally throughout the movie, a number of people were checking their phones for messages.

What has happened that people feel the need to be so available/much in touch? And is it not obvious that the light of the phone screen is distracting to people around?

mf

mf

When there has been an accident or some other public mishap and people are standing around, arms folded, like weird judgmental vultures not offering any help whatsoever...:mad:

read this whole thread through lunch... highly amusing stuff. Loved the mother-in-law one

Just to add yet another annoying thing in my life -

MY TWO BOSSES
(ex bosses to be this friday..):D

When there has been an accident or some other public mishap and people are standing around, arms folded, like weird judgmental vultures not offering any help whatsoever...:mad:

The good old rubberknecker on the roads causing tailbacks for just being too goddamn nosy! Drive on!

People in here who go out to Starbucks & bring back coffee just to look cool when we have free coffee here.

do people seriously buy over priced starbucks coffee to look cool ?
I personally prefer dunkin donuts :confused:

OK my 2 pet peeves.

1. people who drive up the backside of others even though this behaviour wont help them get to their destination any more quickly. It certainly wont give them time to react if the vehicle in front encounters any difficulty.

2. shop assistants who talk to their friends/colleagues and totally ignore the customer making no eye contact or even basic politeness during a transaction or who do same while customer is waiting to be served at checkout. I've come to the conclusion these people are just ignorant and thankfully I havent experienced it a lot but its highly irritating when it does happen.

Women throwing their knickers at me everywhere I go, and then a litter-warden coming along telling me to pick them up because they're 'your knickers now'.

Things that annony me ... I have waited a long time for this thread :)
1) drivers (loose term here) that decide on motorway/dual carriageway we drive on the right and not the left
2) "safe" drivers that decide to drive 10mph under the limit and then proceed to stick to it through village, regardless of speed limit
3) eejits that doctor their L-plates to try to mask fact they can't pass test
4) eejits that have "baby on board" stickers, are they bragging that they have fertile eggs and semen that are good swimmers ?
You know, I was going to ram their car until I saw the sign.
5) people that continously make excuses for criminals because they came from a disadvantaged background. What about victims ?
They are usually at a disadvantage after they have gotten the cr** kicked out of them. Long live Nally I say.
6) politicans and their cronies that continously tell us how well off we are
7) rude people who never think of saying thank you
8) eejts driving 4x4s that will never see a field never mind real offroad
9) people who write on web forums, emails, etc with text speak jargon
10) people that assume farmers are all rich, sit around all day and get all their money from EU or taxpayer.
11) the civil service, usually not very civil in my opinion and about as productive as a gay bull in a cowbarn
12) people/restaurants that assume you like mushrooms because you ordered vegetarian option
13) useless types that are on dole and down the bookies or pub all day but still complain foreigners are taking their jobs and should not be allowed into the country

Back