The Search for Speed

If you have a 500Mbps connection and you are getting a 250mb download speed then yes there is an issue with your wifi set up.
Ah here, I've already said the wireless connection is running at 1.2Gbps. So it's clearly not a wifi issue.

Unless you have also verified that the wired connection is also only reporting 250mb down.
Perhaps you should read what I posted again.

Ah here, I've already said the wireless connection is running at 1.2Gbps. So it's clearly not a wifi issue.

Perhaps you should read what I posted again.
I have read what you posted and responded to it, you are either unwilling or unable to do the same so happy to leave it there as we are going around in circles and we have a fundamental disagreement. We can add home networking to your areas of expertise along with heat pump servicing.

I have read what you posted and responded to it,
If you read and understood it, why are you so confident that the wifi is an issue when I get the same download speed on a wired connection?

We can add home networking to your areas of expertise along with heat pump servicing.
I din't claim to be an expert in heat pump servicing, but I did post one of the main manufacturers service guide, and there's nothing complex to it. That's a long time back, seems strange to still be fixated...

If you read and understood it, why are you so confident that the wifi is an issue when I get the same download speed on a wired connection?

I din't claim to be an expert in heat pump servicing, but I did post one of the main manufacturers service guide, and there's nothing complex to it. That's a long time back, seems strange to still be fixated...
Read what you posted, you never stated which connection the speed test was reporting, wired, wifi or both.

Not fixated at all, I just remember the thread, seems strange to be so touchy about it....

i was responding to your theoretical example, the one where you condescendingly said ill use numbers so you might understand.

If that is what you are getting on a 500mb connection you probably need to look into it ;)

Eir was giving me 2.5 Mbps and could not seem to fix it. So I terminated my contract and did away with wires and went with Imagin.
When they fitted in a few months ago the speed was 26 Mbps which suited me fine.
A few month later today it is down to 5.4 Mbps. Are these companies having us on, when they get you reeled in and then slow the system down when past the cooling off period and are stuck into a contract. I just noted on the contract that they're allowed to go down to 2Mbps, so I am stuck with a 18 month contract
Which is the best company for regular speed.
Today it is upto 42 Mbos which OK for me. It appears that constantly variable

Today it is upto 42 Mbos which OK for me. It appears that constantly variable
That's what I said from the start.
Any wireless broadband is always going to be of variable signal strength/quality and fluctuating speed.
If you're going to stick with Imagine then you'll just have to put up with that and possibly dealing with speeds as slow as their guaranteed minimum of 2Mbps.

stick your Eircode in here and see what's available.

if you can't get at least 50mb/s through a wired broadband connection (i.e. not Imagine's unreliable LTE product) then you should contact NBI and ask about being included in the National Broadband Plan. You'll be waiting a while though.

if you can't get at least 50mb/s through a wired broadband connection (i.e. not Imagine's unreliable LTE product) then you should contact NBI and ask about being included in the National Broadband Plan. You'll be waiting a while though.
If they can't get that minimum speed, but want it, they need to get Starlink.

Imagin is variable between 10 to 40mbps, your so called unreliable LTE is far superior to eir who was giving me 2 mbps and could not fix it

Back