The perfect example of why this country is in a mess?

It's not sad for them, but it is sad for Ireland, that 4 couples with jobs and children see no future here. So who are the people who do see a future here? People who live off the state? People who value quality of life less? People who blindly love the country no matter what it does?
Not dissing the place - I am still here myself, despite the Irish ruling class giving me an ulcer :)

Yes what I thought was sad was that people that financially do not have to leave Ireland felt compelled to. I believe they love their country as much as anyone but for various reasons (Health service, Education system, Crime, Politicians, Me-Féiners etc) felt their kids would be better off elsewhere. One of them is a social worker but said the 'system' was a shambles and was getting worse day by day. I don't live there anymore but 2 of them felt Dublin was becoming a complete cesspit.

My irritation with 'the system' got worse in the last few days when I heard about how Senator Norris was too ill to work and was receiving sick pay for 16 yrs.

But when I heard this discussed on various radio shows, a word kept cropping up which some have used in this thread, and that is entitlement.

So Senator Norris was entitled to this sick pay. And this multi-millionaire who started this thread is entitled to his state pension.

Shame that it seems only to be certain people in this world that entitled to things. So many ordinary members of the public seem to be entitled to next to nothing, and indeed they seem to have too much already and the powers that be feel they should be entitled to less money/services/benefits/help .......

My irritation with 'the system' got worse in the last few days when I heard about how Senator Norris was too ill to work and was receiving sick pay for 16 yrs.

But when I heard this discussed on various radio shows, a word kept cropping up which some have used in this thread, and that is entitlement.

So Senator Norris was entitled to this sick pay. And this multi-millionaire who started this thread is entitled to his state pension.

Shame that it seems only to be certain people in this world that entitled to things. So many ordinary members of the public seem to be entitled to next to nothing, and indeed they seem to have too much already and the powers that be feel they should be entitled to less money/services/benefits/help .......

Couldn't agree more with you. How the heck is he fit to act as president if he is on sickness benefit

Back