The Moriarty Bombshell-what will happen next?

sarah who?? boring dimwit.

What I cant fathom if they are all so innocent and pure why did they put so many obstacles in the way!!

Am I right in assuming if the report was published quickly all the other bidders could sue??

So a big favour was done to all by the delay.

I would say its over now and of course we now know why we have a harp as an irish emblem.

noah

Very little of the cost has to do with court challenges as the Tribunal won most of the main ones and got costs awarded. The tribunal costs are the tribunal costs. They can't be awarded against anyone. As a matter of fact, many people are entitled to claim costs for dealing with the Tribunal.

I was referring to the fact that those who obstructed the Tribunal won't be granted their own costs, and could even be held liable for some of the Tribunal's costs, so they will end up with huge legal bills.

Am I right in assuming if the report was published quickly all the other bidders could sue??

So a big favour was done to all by the delay.
They can still sue. Persona (one of the other consortia) is in the Supreme Court at the moment.

All explained here by Sarah

[broken link removed]

yes a nice little piece of self justification - pity she hadn't written that before smirking her way through the prime time interview where she seemed anything but contrite. she should be fired.

She has admitted lying to a tribunal. As far as I know that is called perjury. Why has she not been arrested and charged with a crime?

yes a nice little piece of self justification - pity she hadn't written that before smirking her way through the prime time interview where she seemed anything but contrite. she should be fired.

Sounds like a climbdown to keep her job alright.

Definitely sounds a bit chastened, although still quite defensive - 'well everyone was doing it' ' it's not fair, they were getting away with it and we were getting told off'.

(Can't believe she's only 39 :eek:)

There's one thing I don't understand in all of this. Why won't FG call for Lowry to resign?. To his credit, Eamonn Gilmore came out yesterday and said he should, but both James O'Reilly today and some other minister (whose name escapes me) who was on the radio last night said they couldn't do that, since the report had been sent to the DPP and there was "legal considerations".

If FG are correct, then Gilmore has jeapordised a potential trial and therefore they should be either calling on him to resign or Enda should be telling him to consider his position. But if Labour are correct, then why won't FG come out and agree with them? Does Lowry have some hold over FG, or am I missing something entirely?

There's one thing I don't understand in all of this. Why won't FG call for Lowry to resign?. To his credit, Eamonn Gilmore came out yesterday and said he should, but both James O'Reilly today and some other minister (whose name escapes me) who was on the radio last night said they couldn't do that, since the report had been sent to the DPP and there was "legal considerations".

If FG are correct, then Gilmore has jeapordised a potential trial and therefore they should be either calling on him to resign or Enda should be telling him to consider his position. But if Labour are correct, then why won't FG come out and agree with them? Does Lowry have some hold over FG, or am I missing something entirely?

Maybe Lowry knows where the bodies are buried when it comes to FG...

On last night's Vincent Browne show, it was speculated that it might be for reasons related to his fundraising on behalf on the party.

In his time as fundraiser, he oversaw the elimination of FG's €3m debt in quite a short period. If any of these efforts were in any way dubious, you can understand why FG, as beneficiary, might be reluctant to start a war of words.

On last night's Vincent Browne show, it was speculated that it might be for reasons related to his fundraising on behalf on the party.

In his time as fundraiser, he oversaw the elimination of FG's €3m debt in quite a short period. If any of these efforts were in any way dubious, you can understand why FG, as beneficiary, might be reluctant to start a war of words.

Almost makes you pine for the good old days of FF!

Yeah, at least FF only got their money through having good days at the races rather than anything dodgy.

Er, if we had the money for a few more tribunal's this mightn't stand up. I heard Lowry's injured innocence and fulminating rightousness (as well as a few choice expletives from his supporters) in Galway. He plays the victim well. Does the lady (sic) protest too much? Kinda reminds me of that Conservative politican who took on the Guardian (?) Newspaper in the UK saying he was taking up the sword of rightousness and the shield of truth. They didn't do him much good as he went on to spend time in the clanger. But then, that was the UK.

I see 150 people turned up to support Lowry last night. There will always be people who will dig their heels in and insist that man can do no wrong.

I see 150 people turned up to support Lowry last night. There will always be people who will dig their heels in and insist that man can do no wrong.

Particularly the charming supporter who told the RTE morning reporter he'd "f**k him up against the wall" when asked about his opinion on the Moriarty report.

To be fair, its the same everywhere. Beverly Flynn, Bertie Ahearn, Ray Burke, Charles Haughey all had large local support. I don't understand it but then I have never had any sort of interaction with a local TD. I managed to get my passport all by myself.

I agree Sunny. I can just never understand this blind devotion to a politician even when all the facts point to them being corrupt. I remember my friend's father, a very intelligent and highly moral man, wouldn't hear a word against Charlie Haughey for years and years. It made no sense to me. Likewise my father has a cousin in Tipperary who would lie down on the ground and die for Lowry. Crazy!

Lowry and O'Brien have been peppering the airwaves with denials etc. Can the Judge respond to any of this?

E Kenny last night said that in an "ideal world" Mr Lowry should resign but "we dont live in an ideal world".

She has admitted lying to a tribunal. As far as I know that is called perjury. Why has she not been arrested and charged with a crime?

I wonder did S Carey have her legal costs paid by the taxpayers, shame she didnt claify this in her article.It would be comical if the taxpayer had to foot the bill given that she admitted lying to the tribunal..

Back