The latest from Ryanair

Re: Piggy

Do you EVER add anything to a thread?
Do you mean like having to ask someone over and over to provide something really simple and necessary to get them to provide a link to verify their quotes?

By the way, you might want to answer ajapale's question and let us know if there's a conflict of interest here? Or is that not important either?

Still, its great to get this out in the open. Even if it gives Ryanair some "advertising for free". They're welcome to it. Its the kind of advertising that is about to blow up in their face.
Incidentally, I think you underestimate a company like Ryanair. I have little interest in what they do to be honest, having absolutely no links with any airline (bar as an occasional user of their service), but I don't think that anything is going to blow up in their faces. I could be wrong but that's my view.

I could've sworn you'd retired.

War is imminent ?

"War is breaking out in Ryanair...standby for further developments" is what Asimov tells us in the first post.

It turns out that the 31 pages on the pprune thread go back over a month. Seems that war is so imminent it has been bubbling under for a month and none of the papers have picked up on it.

It is an interesting discussion, but I don't think the airline is going to collapse just yet.

ohnonotThargagain

Ryanair

...none of the papers have picked up on it.

Oh...well then, maybe I am making it all up!
Haven't I been a busy boy...31 pages of angst!

The main reason the papers here haven't picked up on it is this is mostly brewing in Stansted. The Irish papers are all in O'Learys back pocket anyhow so who'd expect reporting here at this stage...it'll take a strike to get their attention, and even then the editors will be looking to their advertising revenues.

That thread is now the longest on record on that very busy site. It is at the top of the page every day. And if you scroll down the front page you'll read several other negative threads about Ryanair...written by Ryanair employees.

You think this has just started in the last month? Sadly misguided.
You sound like a Ryanair manager...ignore it and it might go away...or threaten them a bit and they'll buckle.
Not this time.

No, Ryanair won't collapse if BALPA gets in...but O'Leary won't have the massive free hand he's had up to now, and he knows it. Why else does he even bother to make an issue of it, even less squeal like a stuck piggy at the very idea.
Perhaps it frightens him.

Maybe Mick understands the consequences better than you do.

I read yesterday that one of the stockbroking companies is rating Ryanair shares a HOLD. On the same day they dropped yet again. One wonders...are they ignoring the fact that O'Leary has labour problems about to break over his head? Maybe they aren't doing their research very well. Never trust a stockbroker, eh.

I'd reckon they're a SELL...you'll get a much better price after the fallout from the strike.

Re: Ryanair

You sound like a Ryanair manager...ignore it and it might go away...or threaten them a bit and they'll buckle.
So anyone with a dissenting view from yours is a 'Ryanair manager' eh?

I'd reckon they're a SELL...you'll get a much better price after the fallout from the strike.
So without declaring your conflict of interest in this discussion you're advising people they should sell their holdings? Hilarious Tharg. Where's MAC in all this?

Sure maybe you're right and the strike will go ahead and we'll never hear anything about it because as you say, he has the papers in his back pocket!!

PPRuNe

Interesting thread.

That website PPRuNe is an amazing source of information and communications in the aviation world, and many stories have appeared there before being picked up by the press. Its a well known fact that journalists read it continuously, and seek insider information there. So much so that a warning has been placed at the bottom of every page reading as follows:

As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions.

As to how large the traffic on the site is...all I can say is Brendan would love to be so lucky.
Here are some statistics:

PPRuNe, otherwise known as the Professional Pilots RUmour NEtwork started 7 years ago as a sideline hobby for founder and airline pilot Danny Fyne. What started as a group of dedicated UK and European pilots who would post a few hundred messages a month, has grown into the premier global forum where professional pilots and those in the airline industry communicate through over 1200 posts per day.

With over 60,000 registered members out of nearly 200,000 readers globally, in as many countries as there are in the world, PPRuNe has been recognized and written about in many famous publications.

Some of the publications that have quoted or written about PPRuNe include: The Wall Street Journal, The Financial Times, The Times, The New York Times, The Daily Telegraph, Flyer Magazine, Pilot Magazine and Condé Nast Magazine, to mention just a few. PPRuNe has also been covered by CNN and the BBC plus a host of other TV and Radio stations around the world, too many to mention here.

PPRuNe delivers over 900,000 ad views to more than 15,000 individuals per day. We cover a multitude of demographic types that allow almost any company to produce results from advertising to our readership and benefiting from the exposure that PPRuNe provides.

I think they're a credible source.

Re: PPRuNe

I have never yet seen a Ryanair discussion on this forum in which one side was convinced by the other to change his/her view. So I have to admit it is perhaps a little silly of me to dip my foor in here. But, Asimov, you say

"The threat is certainly veiled, in that it says just enough to get the threat across to the staff, but not explicitly enough to have Mr.Warwick Brady immediately faced with a cast iron prima fascie 'constructive dismissal' case "

Obviously if there is something insidious in the Ryanair statement which is "not explicit", it must be be implicit. I am not being a smart alec: I genuinely don's see any implied threat. I do see an explicit one.

Consistency is my middle name you know

"As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent"

"I think they're a credible source."

Consistency in a world gone mad.

"In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions"

Indeed they may.

Ryanair

I think from now on I'll just call you Lurker.
You have too many IDs.

Yep...a fake is easy to spot on PPRuNe. They drop in on the rare occasion, but get short shrift. You might be fooled...thats why the warning is there. For the easily misled.

This is another Piggy (Lurker) digression, but for the record...I'd put PPRuNe far above most newspapers as a source of information because I've seen news story after news story reported there before it ever hit the press. And when any such story finally (if ever) hits the press its usually reported so innacrately as to be hardly recogniseable. Lazy journos, waste of skin.
What is a newspaper anyhow, except a collection of second hand information filtered and misreported by hacks with other agendas? They don't MAKE the news...they are there simply to repeat it, and they generally can't do that right either.

I prefer to get the news first hand.
When BALPA call for negotiations with O'Leary over a new Ryanair pilot pay claim we'll see who got it right..FIRST.

Re: Ryanair

I think from now on I'll just call you Lurker.
You have too many IDs.

This is another Piggy (Lurker) digression

I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at here? Are you inferring that I'm posting in this thread under different unregistered user names? If so, I'm not and an AAM administrator can verify that I'm sure. I'd ask any administrator who reads this to please do so to clear the matter up...if that's allowed? Thanks.
For the record, on the rare occasion that I do use an unregistered username I'd pick something much more civilised...like, oh I don't know...ralph or something!

So...it would look like there's many people here debating an opposing point to yours Asimov...yet you choose to turn on me all the time. I could've sworn you said you'd retired!!

You really are hilarious though. I see you're the same poster who regularly likes to dodge answering difficult questions that might scupper your point of view in a debate, like your conflict of interest perhaps (or am I just being a broken down record?), choosing instead to try to denigrate the person who's asking them....ie me. Good to see your consistent in something anyway.

Re: piggy in different aliases

Yes aha...and I'm sure a lot of people do. Except I don't ever use different names within the same thread...or at least not in a debate anyway, when doing so would back my own point of view up.

The few times I do use them it's usually if I have a financial question and wish to remain (relatively) anonymous.

ALT

Christ, does no one here see that Ryanair are a bunch of thuggish louts who'll just rip off the Irish people and unions at the drop of a hat ?

Are youse blind or what ?

ryanair

The people voted for Ryanair with their feet.
I don't like O'leary, his manner or his loutish airline but I will use it.

I get sick of people complaining about it (they wanted it and with O'leary, what you see is what you get.)
wat

Re: wat ? Twat more like it

Why is it that every Ryanair thread ends in this kind of abuse. Are you not capable of discussing the topic without getting personal.

Thread closed.

Back