The Green List

As usual we make a mess of green list again, the European green list is countries with a 14day average per 100000 under 50, we said we were adopting the European system yet Nphet mess it up again by adopting under 25 as the Irish green list even though we have a 14 day average of 46.

what about the european orange list where travel is allowed without restrictions with a 14day average between 25 and 50 per 100,000, why no mention of that ? Ireland is only barely below the 50 level itself anyway therefore we would be restricted to travel to other orange list countries anyway, we are almost a restricted country like the UK even though we still have not opened all our pubs.

I believe the main cause of the current increase in infection rates is due to people patting themselves and each other on the back over the great job we all did keeping the infection rate down.

According to the Irish Independent we have a new Green List. The new list is Cyprus, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. The old list is no more.

Yea, the list will change depending on infection levels in other countries.
This is complex so people should stop moaning because the advise and answers are not always simple.

(I'm not directing this as you joer)
How about this; wear a mask when you are out, work from home if you can, social distance, don't travel abroad and don't go into other people's houses. That's simple. Anyone who doesn't understand the slightly more complex bits should just stick to that.

And if you do decide to travel, don't be surprised if your destination country changes designation with very little warning. Plan around having to self-isolate on your return, and you might be pleasantly surprised.

And if you do decide to travel, don't be surprised if your destination country changes designation with very little warning. Plan around having to self-isolate on your return, and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Its more likely that you need to check the designation of Ireland on those "green list " countries, we are no longer regarded as safe, therefore you might need to get a covid test before entering as we are now a "grey list country" we have a 14day average of 66 per 100,000, almost twice the level of countries like Italy and greece that we have removed from our green list. The whole thing is a farce just like the whole "wet pub" shenanigans brought to you by Nphet and the Irish government, a great bunch of lads.

we have a 14day average of 66 per 100,000, almost twice the level of countries like Italy and greece that we have removed from our green list.

You know our rate has nothing to do with what countries get on the list, right? Do you honestly think the message should be it's OK to travel to any country that has the same rate as ourselves?

The message should be essential travel only. There should be no list of any colour, in my opinion.

The message should be essential travel only. There should be no list of any colour, in my opinion.
That is the message. Those who don't understand that either choose not to understand it or should not be allowed out anyway as they are unable to breath without opening their mouth and so cannot use a mask properly.

Reactions: Leo
That is as clear as it can be . That is why I said there should be no need for lists of any colour.

Last edited:
That is as clear as it can be . That is why I said there should be no need for lists of any colour.

The green list is not about travelling out... The advice is still to avoid travelling. The green list is about how to act if you come here from overseas. It is essentially a list of countries where there are some lighter restrictions if you arrive here from.

The green list is not about travelling out... The advice is still to avoid travelling. The green list is about how to act if you come here from overseas. It is essentially a list of countries where there are some lighter restrictions if you arrive here from.
No its not that is just what you and others are saying now. Leo Varadker said last week that now we have a "proper" green list where people can return to Ireland from a green list country without quarantine or restrictions like that. All of the countries on Irelands "green list" have less than half the corona virus cases that Ireland has now . The issue is that they could be restricted on entry to those green list countries because Ireland is now a high risk country therefore the risk is higher that an irish tourist will spread the virus there,

According to an article in todays Irish times Germany and Iceland could be taken off the Green list due to increasing cases in both countries.

No its not that is just what you and others are saying now. Leo Varadker said last week that now we have a "proper" green list where people can return to Ireland from a green list country without quarantine or restrictions like that. All of the countries on Irelands "green list" have less than half the corona virus cases that Ireland has now . The issue is that they could be restricted on entry to those green list countries because Ireland is now a high risk country therefore the risk is higher that an irish tourist will spread the virus there,

You do realise you have just made exactly the same point as I made. The green list is about incoming restrictions - not about freedom to travel to other countries

Reactions: Leo
Back