The AAM social media survey

micmclo

Oh I'm not looking for all your info ;)
Lets just see what people are on

Facebook: Yes, but it just has my name and DOB, that's all. I only signed up to see a sports team fan page. I've never accepted a friend or liked anything, just blank
Twitter: Yes, asking sports journalists questions mainly, love twitter and checking it constantly
Linkedin: Yes but it's about six months since I logged in and looked at it and my profile isn't complete.

That's all I know, maybe there are others?

Facebook: I was on it all the time for months, and now never bother with it.

I have signed up for all three, but don't find use for any of them.

It's good excercise deleting all the emailed notifications, though.

Just Facebook - have the privacy locked down tight, youd never find me!

Dont understand what Twitter is about, dont want to be on LinkedIn.

I try to keep my internet footprint minimal and anonymous.

Facebook: No - couldn't be arsed
Twitter: No- likewise
Linkedin: Yes - every few days

None for me

Facebook: No - couldn't be arsed
Twitter: No- likewise
Linkedin: Yes - every few days

Hi ninsaga,

I thought linkedin was a pretty static offerring where you primarily keep an online cv. Apart from recruiters, how would you use it every few days?

FAcebook: Yes... Very handy since my brother moved to Canada to keep in touch and share photos....
Twitter : No
Linkedin: no

Facebook - Yes, 3 different accounts. My own personal one, and two local community ones that I am admin of.
Twitter - Yes, but never tweet. Mainly used to read news from journo's and some sports stars..
Linkedin - No interest

Facebook - Yes, I looked at it a few times a few years ago when I created an account but that's it.
Twitter - No
Linkedin - Yes but profile is incomplete and only look at it a few times a year.

Dont understand what Twitter is about

I used to be like that but give it a chance

You get out of it what you put in

Many follow z list celebrities tweeting about going to the bathroom and what they had for breakfast and then think that's all there is. And so twitter gets dismissed

Everyone has an interest in something and whatever it is, just find the best people to follow

Many follow z list celebrities tweeting about going to the bathroom and what they had for breakfast and then think that's all there is. And so twitter gets dismissed

+1

It's a common criticism of Twitter that "I'm not interested in knowing that some Kardashian is eating a cupcake". Which is fair enough. If you found yourself overhearing a conversation in work or at the pub about the whole Kardashian cupcake situation, you'd tune out too.

On Twitter, there are some feeds worth following, and many many more worth ignoring. Some of the best comments I come across about the Mahon Tribunal report have been on Twitter.

Just on LinkedIn. Recently being told I am being made redundant. Every bit of professional advice I have been given was to have a proper LinkedIn account set up. I have actually got a few leads out of it. Professionally, LinkedIn is of benefit. Have no real interest in either Facebook and especially twitter.

Just on LinkedIn. Recently being told I am being made redundant. Every bit of professional advice I have been given was to have a proper LinkedIn account set up. I have actually got a few leads out of it. Professionally, LinkedIn is of benefit. Have no real interest in either Facebook and especially twitter.

Best of luck moving on Sunny.

Cheers. I know it's a bit off topic but I really think the dole should be increased!

Sorry to hear Sunny, happened me last year, bit of a shock at first, then the last few weeks are hard work, and the initial few weeks after R-Day are difficult as you come to terms with it etc...

But its grand, you move on.

None for me

Hi ninsaga,

I thought linkedin was a pretty static offerring where you primarily keep an online cv. Apart from recruiters, how would you use it every few days?

....well to say i use it every few days is a push.... but i get auto email on connections, and then check new connections from time to time

Back