Terminating Sky Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's perfect. are small claims settlements online ? Obviously the provider did not go to court and simply sent a cheque for total in post !

I have always found SKY great to deal with, I have been with them years - I cancel my contract every year and my husband rings to join in his name, we then do the reverse the following year, we are always on a special offer deal.

SKY are aware of this, you must be a non customer for 12 months before availing of a special offer.

That's perfect. are small claims settlements online ? Obviously the provider did not go to court and simply sent a cheque for total in post !

All detailed on the Courts Service [broken link removed]:

Where possible, the registrar will negotiate a settlement without the need for a court hearing. If the matter cannot be settled the registrar will bring your claim before the District Court.

Again, nothing to do with cancellations, so let's get this thread back on topic.

I have written to Irish office and UK office + sent an email, I just received a response by post, saying "they received my letter but I must phone them, I tried to phone but there was a 15 minute wait at 15c a minute before I talk to anyone.

Last edited:
I have written to Irish office and UK office + sent an email, I just received a response by post, saying "they received my letter but I must phone them, I tried to phone but there was a 15 minute wait at 15c a minute.

Waste of time and money. I e mailed them , gave the 31 days notice, let them take the last DD then cancelled same. I doubt I'll hear anything from Sky.

You have them won if they don't reply to more than one letter or email. Then you can take them to court and let them defend their hopeless outsource call centre !

I wrote a letter saying that I was communicating by letter only, I received a phone call today, they said they would knock €5 euro off making it now €115 per month to which I said "no. they are advertising at €49 per month cancel my contract" their answer " I am 2 days too early, I must phone up after 12th" which is the contract date.

Well done. Make your own rules. I would have told them to diary the cancellation now as they record call and that's it over !

After lengthy phone calls, a 4th person phoned me on the 11th, and said that is was wrong to tell me to phone back on the contract date and finally agreed to give me a telephone and broadband package, I was given a price but so far their text message have not clarified this.

Several posts deleted here discussing an illegal service providing boxes that break Sky's encryption. These boxes connect via the web to a server hosting the decryption keys to break the encryption of the signals Sky transmit via satellite. Sky changes these frequently in an attempt to stay ahead of these operators, hence the need to have the boxes constantly connected to the web to retrieve new keys.

Last edited:
But seeing as the sky part is the only illegal part surely using the boxes for normal TV is OK. Assuming you get all the channels as well.

But seeing as the sky part is the only illegal part surely using the boxes for normal TV is OK. Assuming you get all the channels as well.

I have no idea to be honest but why not get a Saorview box for those and remove all doubts

Will a saorview box give you the ITVs and BBCs as well ? My understanding is that they give you the irish channels but I'm a cable man meself so don't actually know.

My thoughts on this have all been deleted. Wow!. I would just like someone to show how the boxes for sale and being bought are illegal, inc the links saying so, not someone's opinion and that's me satisfied about it then.

Wow indeed. Start with Section 9 of the Broadcasting Act 1990, then Section 372 of the Copyright and Related Acts 2000.

Will a saorview box give you the ITVs and BBCs as well ? My understanding is that they give you the irish channels but I'm a cable man meself so don't actually know.

The UK channels are freely available via satellite, so a combi Saorview / Saorsat box will give you both Irish & UK channels.

Yeah, just you'll get much cheaper boxes with no need for ongoing subscriptions if you get a straight satellite box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back