Tax-free vouchers can be given by employers increased to €1,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen and advertisement from Tesco promoting their vouchers. You need to contact corporate sales team from what I hear to purchase the cards.

you msy be able to use the one 4 all cards (or similar) to purchase other gift cards.

I used one (Perx or something) that was about to expire to purchase an elverys gift card

I feel like Bob Cratchit here hoping my employer, sitting on piles of cash, will dole out €1000 this christmas instead of the usual €100 ...

Just to clarify is it possible to take a salary reduction of €1000 and then get two tax free vouchers. I never get a bonus but presume the above is against the scheme rules. Thanks

Salary sacrifice is against the scheme rules. Just as you can't sacrifice salary for an employer pension contribution.

Swirl Gift Card -- this is a prepaid mastercard
  • Card value €10 to €500
  • Monthly fee; after 12 months €3.50 per month
  • Can be topped up - Top up fee either €2.99 or €3.99

Me2You gift card -- this is a gift card so retailer must be signed up to accept
  • Can only be loaded once, min €15 and max €150. Corporate cards max €500
  • Physical card expires after 24 months (can be replaced by contacting them)
    • Buried in the terms and conditions;
      • card issue fee €2
      • card replacement fee €5
      • monthly fee; after 12 months €1.40 per month

One4all -- this is a gift card so retailer must be signed up to accept
  • Can only be loaded once, standard card limit €150, chip & pin €150 to €500 and require ID to activate
  • Issue fee €2 per card
  • Card valid for 5 years
  • Monthly fee after 12 months €1.45 per month

Allgo -- prepaid mastercard
  • Choice of physical or digital card - physical card is single load
  • Charge fee €5 upto €2,000
  • Delivery per physical card €3
  • Monthly fee after 12 months €3 per month

Perx reward card -- prepaid mastercard
  • Physical card is single load
  • Buried in the terms & conditions;
    • Upfront cost of single load card €5
    • Monthly fee after 12 months €3 per month

AllGifts.ie -- appears to be a voucher system where retailer must be signed up to accept

Are there more card options out there?

Last edited:
Lidl offer 2% discount on their gift cards:

1669653197721.png

Seen and advertisement from Tesco promoting their vouchers. You need to contact corporate sales team from what I hear to purchase the cards.
Contacted Tesco. You register with their corporate site www.tescoforbusiness.com.
Enter reg details and vat if you are registered. They will check your details and let you know within 24/48 hours or so if accepted.
I rang to check. You need to ring if the total order is under the €1000 as there will be a block on the order. Easy to sign up.
Note if you are ordering under €1000 you can order a digital card. Once you pay they email the details to your email and you can forward a copy to your staff or print it off. You pay postage if buying amount is under the €1000. Will let you know how I get on.
The max that can be put on the card is €500.00. This applies to digital as well as physical cards.

Last edited:
IMO, many Employers using these vouchers in lieu of pensionable pay rises to some degree. Not a good direction to be going in and no surprise the Govt recently increased the tax free limit to €1k. Unions silent as usual

Contacted Tesco. You register with their corporate site www.tescoforbusiness.com.
Enter reg details and vat if you are registered. They will check your details and let you know within 24/48 hours or so if accepted.
I rang to check. You need to ring if the total order is under the €1000 as there will be a block on the order. Easy to sign up.
Note if you are ordering under €1000 you can order a digital card. Once you pay they email the details to your email and you can forward a copy to your staff or print it off. You pay postage if buying amount is under the €1000. Will let you know how I get on.
The max that can be put on the card is €500.00. This applies to digital as well as physical cards.
Update. Managed to set up an account. Tried to do a digital card to find you can only buy up to €300!!
As mentioned before Revenue said you can only get 2 vouchers each for the maximum of €500 to apply for the small gift exception. If you buy 3 for the value of €1000 then you will be taxed for the full amount. So the digital card for the value of €300 card will not work.

If you want a physical card then you have to pay €15 postage if your total order is under €1000 and due to the order cut off of last week you may not get them delivered this side of Christmas! I think they are based in England.

Heres the thing if you remember the saga last year in regards to One4all cards well who is managing the Tesco vouchers? Same company that bought One4All cards. The guy I was talking too said they manage the cards for One4all.

Can a limited company give its director who is also its sole PAYE employee these vouchers tax free? Eg Joe Bloggs Ltd gives vouchers to Joe Bloggs.

Can they be digital rather than physical cards?

And if they are purchased before 31 December - but in the case of physical cards dont arrive before 31 - is that allowed?

Can a limited company give its director who is also its sole PAYE employee these vouchers tax free? Eg Joe Bloggs Ltd gives vouchers to Joe Bloggs.
Yes
Can they be digital rather than physical cards?
No idea
And if they are purchased before 31 December - but in the case of physical cards dont arrive before 31 - is that allowed?
What difference does it make it they don't? Who's going to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back