Tax-free vouchers can be given by employers increased to €1,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I'll reassure the company director!

I can find nothing that says vouchers must be physical, so digital it is. And yes, good point - who would know when they arrive, provided they're paid for by 31 Dec. We've left it late - Perx have closed for corporate now and and Allgo say earliest they can do is January. I'll keep looking...

One4All have changed their inactivity charge to kick in after 18 months instead of 12 months, for cards purchased after Nov 1 2022.

"One4all Gift Cards purchased from 1st November 2022 can now be spent free of charges for 18 months. After this time, a monthly charge of €1.45 will be deducted from funds remaining on the card, until the card balance reaches zero.

Please note, One4all Gift Cards purchased prior to 1st November 2022 are still subject to a monthly deduction of €1.45 per month after 12 months."

Inflation and other costs hit with a vengeance December 22 and January 23.
I found an unused One4all card from 2020. Even though there was a few euros gone off it, it was still a great help.
Nearly gone now, but then found 2 cards from 2021 so on the pigs back.!!

I went ahead and ordered 6 x perx reward cards for staff. Ordered 22 December, and paid by wire transfer (to a German Bank account!). No response since, can't get in touch with customer service, cards never received or processed. Multiple messages left with their automated customer service line, no responses to emails. Is this a scam? Who do I complain to? Financial Ombudsman?

Did you buy these through the Perx website?
Surely they don't take payment by wire transfer to a German bank account?
Sounds fishy to me.

Did you buy these through the Perx website?
Surely they don't take payment by wire transfer to a German bank account?
Sounds fishy to me.
Yes through the Perx website

Attachments

• PERX.jpg
    PERX.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 112
"Corporate admin fee Ireland" of €6.50 doesn't appear here:
No eircode on the invoice might also be unusual?

There's a chat facility on their website - have you tried using that to contact them?

Last edited:
"Corporate admin fee Ireland" of €6.50 doesn't appear here:
No eircode on the invoice might also be unusual?

There's a chat facility on their website - have you tried using that to contact them?
Yes - useless. Have tried their various phone numbers and just goes to a voicemail - nobody every picks up, leave a message and into the void.
I've put a complaint up on Financial Ombudsman site - but there's no guarantee they'll look into it as they want to see evidence that you have exhausted process with the provider - this assumes a provider actually engages

What exactly happens when you contact them by chat?
Every time I go to the website it pops up and seems to want to talk to me!

What you've posted so far really makes me wonder if you somehow engaged with a scammer and not Perx.
There are some red flags in what you posted, especially the mode of payment.
But maybe I'm wrong.

They dont seem to very effecient at all... I clicked the 'order' button and this pops up. They can't even do any new business yet.
Maybe thats why amgd28 hasnt received their order to date.

1673882948960.png

Last edited:
Yes through the Perx website
I recently ordered from Perx (7th December). The payment was taken and the order was not dispatched for over a week, and then received within a couple of days via DPD. I've checked my invoice and the sort code, bank address, company details etc is the same, but the IBAN on your invoice is different.

Did you receive an email saying "payment has been received for order XXXX"?

I've used perx in previous years with no issue, so wasn't a "scam site". As it happens since I posted here yesterday I sent them a final email stating I would be reporting thm to Financial Ombudsman, and lo and behold, I get a confirmation notice 3 hours later that the order has been processed and that the cards would dispatch... As they are owned by EML Payments in Australia, wonder if a lot of the processing actually happens from there - Most of Australia takes the first couple of weeks of January off as its their summer. Either way, glad order seems to be on the way but would be very wary of these guys in future

I've used perx in previous years with no issue, so wasn't a "scam site". As it happens since I posted here yesterday I sent them a final email stating I would be reporting thm to Financial Ombudsman, and lo and behold, I get a confirmation notice 3 hours later that the order has been processed and that the cards would dispatch... As they are owned by EML Payments in Australia, wonder if a lot of the processing actually happens from there - Most of Australia takes the first couple of weeks of January off as its their summer. Either way, glad order seems to be on the way but would be very wary of these guys in future
So why did they charge you a fee that's not listed in their schedule of charges?

So why did they charge you a fee that's not listed in their schedule of charges?
I don't really care about that - it was listed as a fee on purchase so I made an informed call on that. Main thing for me was receipt of the cards and being able to communicate with customer service, which I now can

What's to stop an employer buying a pile of these and just keeping them for themselves?

What's to stop an employer buying a pile of these and just keeping them for themselves?
In the next year (or so), Revenue will require the number and value of cards given to each employee be uploaded to ROS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back