Tanager seeking repossession

Jennied30

hi There,

Really looking for advice, short backround , fell into arrears about 7 years ago when my husband was laid off, always negotiated with Tanager /Laptitus and always make payments of what we could afford. i am now working full time in permanent employment for 2 years and have not missed a payment since. Tanager verbally agreed to capitalise the arrears if we could manage 6 months of full payments. this never happened. over the last 6 months they have sent me letters saying my mortgage is unsustainable and worse yet have issued me with proceeding to say i have not cooperated with them. I have offered them €100 extra per month but they wont agree to anything other than repossession or sell my home and they will give me a €90,000 write down. I cant get finance because of the arrears (18,000) which has slightly been coming down each month. this morning we got a court date. what the hell am i going to do. im devastated , panicked and so worried to the point of being sick in work and unable to do my job.

Brendan

Your briefing notes are very useful. However, I would suggest that the first port of call for anyone facing re-possession proceedings or the appointment of a receiver is a Personal Insolvency Practitioner.

Just go to the Insolvency Service of Ireland for further guidance. There is a possibility of a PIA achieving a substantial write down in a mortgage.

Jim Stafford

Excellent point Jim

Will amend accordingly.

Many of those facing repossession are not insolvent, but some probably are.

Brendan

Back