Stanley 'Donard' Solid Fuel Range

Hi, just wondering did you get the oven to work properly yet, thinking of buying one of these shortly, ??

We've just had a claret red Donard fitted - it's heating 15 rads as good as the oil - and hot water - roasting - the plumber that fitted it was so impressed by it, he's thinking of putting one in himself. Initial problem we had was that it was too powerful, and the water started gurgling in the back of it as it was heating it so fast, it was sending hot water back down into the back of it (we had the damper to 5 on the front) - plumber told us that when you have the range going, you must close all dampers and put the top damper to 'cooker' and this stops - especially if it's still warm from the night before as the water in the tank will be still hot. This we have been doing and it's going a dinger - got oven to 250 deg. using just wood. Put coal in it before going to bed and it's still red in the morning. We also have an olymberyl back boiler stove in sitting room which is independent to the range - this is also heating rads and water - perhaps it's an issue with the plumbing on some previous posts?? - so far, we can't complain but you do have to clean the donnard regularly.

We've just had a claret red Donard fitted - it's heating 15 rads as good as the oil - and hot water - roasting - the plumber that fitted it was so impressed by it, he's thinking of putting one in himself. Initial problem we had was that it was too powerful, and the water started gurgling in the back of it as it was heating it so fast, it was sending hot water back down into the back of it (we had the damper to 5 on the front) - plumber told us that when you have the range going, you must close all dampers and put the top damper to 'cooker' and this stops - especially if it's still warm from the night before as the water in the tank will be still hot. This we have been doing and it's going a dinger - got oven to 250 deg. using just wood. Put coal in it before going to bed and it's still red in the morning. We also have an olymberyl back boiler stove in sitting room which is independent to the range - this is also heating rads and water - perhaps it's an issue with the plumbing on some previous posts?? - so far, we can't complain but you do have to clean the donnard regularly.
Hi, can u advise if u have 15 double or single rads. Was looking at these for a new build of 3000sq ft and same will be zoned. Love the look at them but more importantly want to makes I am look at the right size. Can u advise where u got ur's and what price it was. Am look at one in McDonaghts for €4000 this about €1400 cheaper than any where else. Any help would great

has anyone fitted a donard stanley solid fuel range in last few month I would like to get some feed back if possible thanks

I had a new Stanley Donard installed three weeks ago. So far it is very disappointing. It certainly is not heating radiators despite having the potential to heat 15 rads I believe. Also the range is not heating fully despite using coal. The oven has not yet gone over 150 degrees
Any ideas?
I’m having a similar issue with a new Stanley Donard fitted in 2021. Can I ask how did you get on with your problem after? I know it’s a while ago now but if you could reply it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

has anyone fitted a donard stanley solid fuel range in last few month I would like to get some feed back if possible thanks
Hi just checking if you got the donard fitted after and how it went? We got one fitted recently and are having issues so I’m interested in hearing other people’s experiences..
Did you get the donard Stanley fitted after? We got one fitted in February and are having a few issues. Interested in hearing if anyone have any solutions for the oven not hearing etc.?

Back