Solicitor recommendation for house purchase

Ah, I see, and would it be foolish to have your friend call up an Estate Agent, checking on the attention your house sale is receiving, or is it "different for Solicitors"..

If Im going into battle, I like to have my facts in place first, not after the event. But, that comes with experience.

Ah, I see, and would it be foolish to have your friend call up an Estate Agent, checking on the attention your house sale is receiving, or is it "different for Solicitors"..

No but it would be foolish to get your friend to ring them up looking for quotes on selling a house when they are not selling a house to use it as a fictitious benchmark. With a lot of professional service providers, no 2 jobs are the same. There are a number of variables which could give rise in differences in price. One of which is time which you seem to take up a lot of.

Your relationship with your solicitor is broken. Time to get a new one.

Not necessarily so,

We had our discussion, and I accepted that I should have pinned him down to a price in the first place, and he accepts that as this was straying from the normal fees, he should have advised me of the increase with his fee.

He has issued me with a new and I am happy to pay this, and, will be happy to stay with his firm should I dip my tows into the market again. Would I consider the same again with another outfit, Absolutely without hesitation, so be careful out there, I could be your next customer.....

There are a number of variables which could give rise in differences in price.

Could of/Would of/Should of... I dont work like that. Il leave that to the inexperienced.

Last edited:
If i believe you are shafting me intentionally or unintentionally, it will be to late at that stage for you to take the lead....

Fees in any profession should be scrutinized before payments, and not left aside in case it offends.

Back