Social Insurance Record Query

blanketyblank

Hi just a question about my social insurance record which I recently received. I will be receiving an integrated pension when I retire.

1. There are 4 columns in some for example in the year 2001 it has column 1. paid contributions 38A
column 2. credited contributions 14
column 3. Reckonable paid contributions for pension 38
column 4.Reckonable credited contributions for pension 14

and in 2019 - 52A / 17 / 52 / -

what are columns 2 and 4?

2. There is a blank on my record where I worked for 4 years in England. Am I correct that the social insurance I paid in England would automatically be included on retirement to fill that gap?

3. How many contributions do you need to get a full contributary pension? Am I correct 10 years 520

4. I have a few other gaps in my record in the early 80's where I was abroad but wouldn't have been working. These are so long ago I'm guessing they would have no effect on me?

Thanks for any information in advance.

Hi just a question about my social insurance record which I recently received. I will be receiving an integrated pension when I retire.

1. There are 4 columns in some for example in the year 2001 it has column 1. paid contributions 38A

what are columns 2 and 4?
Column 2 includes credits received when, for example, in receipt of SW payments that come with credits. E.g. Jobseeker's Benefit.
Column 3 is what it says - PRSI contributions that were paid and which count towards the contributory old age pension.
2. There is a blank on my record where I worked for 4 years in England. Am I correct that the social insurance I paid in England would automatically be included on retirement to fill that gap?
Not sure that it's automatic.
And maybe adding them isn't what's best for you if you might otherwise be able to also qualify for a UK pension.
See here:
3. How many contributions do you need to get a full contributary pension? Am I correct 10 years 520
No - 2080 (40 years by 52 weeks) under the TCA. See here:
4. I have a few other gaps in my record in the early 80's where I was abroad but wouldn't have been working. These are so long ago I'm guessing they would have no effect on me?
Missing years may impact what sort of contributory pension you qualify for.
Voluntary contributions can be used in certain circumstances to boost your contributory pension:

I'm sure that @S class will be able to provide you with more and maybe better info as they are very very knowledgeable and helpful on this sort of stuff.

There are 4 columns in some for example in the year 2001 it has column 1. paid contributions 38A

Regarding 2001:

The tax year used to run on an April-to-April basis. It changed over in 2001 and there was a short transitional year that ran from 6 April to 31 December (38 weeks). From 2002, the tax year ran on a calendar year basis. More info here if you're interested:

The credited contributions of '14' that you see in column 2 for 2001 is an adjustment to account for the short year so that there was nobody disadvantaged. More information here:

For 2001, you have 38 paid contributions and 14 credited contributions. As it says in the column heading, these 14 credited contributions are reckonable for pension calculation purposes (if you need them).

I understand this to mean you have 52 paid contributions and 17 credited contributions (you should know from what), but the important point is that you have 52 reckonable paid contributions for the pension.

Thanks, I always had 10 years in my head for some reason! But now I see that's for the minimum.
I have 30 years with full contributions that I can see so I'll be short for a full pension. Can you do something to pay for the years where you didn't pay the full amount? Is it expensive to do?
eg. in 95/96 i have 33A1, 2AX / 14 / 35 / 14

AND 85, 86 12A1, 3D1 / - / 12 / -

Thanks, I always had 10 years in my head for some reason! But now I see that's for the minimum.
I have 30 years with full contributions that I can see so I'll be short for a full pension. Can you do something to pay for the years where you didn't pay the full amount? Is it expensive to do?
eg. in 95/96 i have 33A1, 2AX / 14 / 35 / 14

AND 85, 86 12A1, 3D1 / - / 12 / -

Is it worth chasing the full pension? If you have an average of 20 plus, is the difference between that a a full pension, a fiver a week.

Or am I misunderstanding the situation.

1695054591021.png

Attachments

• 1695054487899.png
    1695054487899.png
    79 KB · Views: 8
Is it worth chasing the full pension? If you have an average of 20 plus, is the difference between that a a full pension, a fiver a week.

Or am I misunderstanding the situation.

View attachment 7942
These tables only apply to those who qualified for a State Pension prior to 2012. The current table requires different average contribution numbers. Check My Welfare.
Average of 48 gets 100%
Between 40 and 47 gets 98%
Between 30 and 39 gets 90%
Between 20 and 29 gets 80%

These tables only apply to those who qualified for a State Pension prior to 2012. The current table requires different average contribution numbers. Check My Welfare.
Average of 48 gets 100%
Between 40 and 47 gets 98%
Between 30 and 39 gets 90%
Between 20 and 29 gets 80%
Thanks Conan. My mistake.

I think this is the correct table.
1695073040637.png

Back