Sligo: Eating, Drinking, Being Merry

Ate in the Coach Lane last summer - bring loose clothing as you'll get a lot of food! All of it delicious!

Poppadom Indian restaurant on O'Connell Street is gorgeous. You could also think about popping out to Dromahair for some great salmon fishing. Glencar waterfall is also well worth a viewing.

Another good eatery (which I forgot to mention in my earlier post) is the Yeats Lounge pub/restaurant in Drumcliffe. A great selection of food, lovely atmosphere, and wonderful scenery.

Poppadom Indian restaurant on O'Connell Street is gorgeous. You could also think about popping out to Dromahair for some great salmon fishing. Glencar waterfall is also well worth a viewing.

Where is Glencar waterfall? I'm afraid Indian is out due to partner's tastebuds and time won't allow any leisurely salmon fishing ! But ta for the suggestions....

Another good eatery (which I forgot to mention in my earlier post) is the Yeats Lounge pub/restaurant in Drumcliffe. A great selection of food, lovely atmosphere, and wonderful scenery.

Yeah, have been to Yeats before ....also want to get to Rosses Point for a breezy beach walk! (And maybe hire a horse to ride past W. B.'s grave!)

Coach lane,Montmartre and the Bistro are your best bet for a nice meal. Fiddlers is a great weekend pub but they have lost interest in restaurant in recent times...99% of the menus is deap fried.Also heard good reports about a new hotel called the glass house might be worth a look.

Coach lane,Montmartre and the Bistro are your best bet for a nice meal. Fiddlers is a great weekend pub but they have lost interest in restaurant in recent times...99% of the menus is deap fried.Also heard good reports about a new hotel called the glass house might be worth a look.

went for a meal there at christmas - nice, but nothing special

Well, here's a report back after my weekend:

Coach Lane: Closed for "the week" when we went there!
Austies: Also closed and "for sale" sign up
Fiddler's Creek: Very busy on the Friday night (30 min wait) but food was good. The duck springroll I had was deep-fried (as predicted by bonzos!) but main course of lemon sole stuffed with smoked salmon and prawn, in white wine sauce was delish.
The Belfry: Ate there Sat.... Bar food and had amazing Seafood Chowder, full of crabclaws, prawns in shells and mussels. Really should be called Shellfish Chowder but it was the best I ever had....a gastro-adventure. The fillet steak that followed was good but presentation was pub-like at restaurant prices. It was dumped on top of the chips.

Back