Sky Sports Football Coverage

antimonarch

Has anybody considered changing from sky sports next season due to the premiership coverage ( or lack of it) they only seem to have matches on a sunday these days.

Personally I wont be getting rid of Sky Sports beause IMHO, their coverage is far superior to Setanta (even allowing for Jamie Redknapp!). The majority of Setantas games are at 3pm on a saturday meaning that if my team are not being shown, I will probably be listening to them on the radio /or web.

They each have the same amount of Premiership games I believe but having Pat Dolan as the main face (faces :eek:?) in the studio is reason enough to put on Sky Sports Saturday.

I know someone who cancelled their Sky Subscription because of the reduction in their Golf coverage (some tournaments snapped up by Setanta). He first asked Sky for a reduction in subscription, on the basis that they were no longer providing the same service. Didn't get far with that though.....so he cancelled the lot!

Seriously thinking of dropping sky sports, as now you get 50% of what was available last year in premiership football and zero US golf - and the price is still the same!

Seriously thinking of dropping sky sports, as now you get 50% of what was available last year in premiership football and zero US golf - and the price is still the same!

...not technically losing 50% of Premiership Football as there was an additional charge on a per game basis or yearly subscription to the now defunct Prem Plus which used to show 50 games a season or so.

Last Season
Sky Sports 88 games, Prem Plus 50 games

This Season
Sky Sports 92 games, Setanta 46 games.

To be honest, the whole thing is farcical. Under pressure form the EU in the guise of protecting the consumer SKY had to release some of the Premiership football. Setanta also purchased the rights for the US PGA Tour golf while SKY kept the European Tour. So in the past I got the football and all of the golf for whatever my SKY subscription is. Now, I pay the same for SKY and have Setanta just to watch the same stuff. SKY are better off as they're paying for a smaller share of the coverage, Setanta are better off as they're making revenue. The main loser is the customer yet the EU agitated for this! Crazy

Setanta showed 2 premiership matches on Saturday and one tonight.

Sky sports showed 2 matches on Sunday.

This is really frustrating from a sky customers point of view as setanta have 60% of the televised premiership matches

sky showed;

man city v's west brom
liverpool v's arsenal

while setanta showed;

west ham v's villa
sunderland v's hull
everton v's chelsea

I know sky retain the major showcase games but this is still unacceptable.

Definatley will be weighing up my options going forward.

would you not consider getting a motorised sat dish around the 1m size and then you could get most football matches

My husband and son were going crazy this evening because we do not have setanta thru sky and they were going to miss the CHELSEA match. Wifee to the rescue!!!!! If you have your broadband through Eircom, Setanta sports is free. My husband gave me his lappy (that's what he calls his laptop) and I got the match in full screen for them. Result.
PS: Not so happy with the end result though!!!

Be careful with Setanta, friend of mine recently noticed they had taken the annual sub from his credit card without his authorisation.

Be careful with Setanta, friend of mine recently noticed they had taken the annual sub from his credit card without his authorisation.

Setanta do not have our credit card details..ie if you are referring to my post. Eircom provide Setanta free to one computer per subscription.

Setanta do not have our credit card details..ie if you are referring to my post.

Sorry Mary, was a general post. We can't get Eircom out here in the sticks either so some lads are double screwed. Hate soccer personally anyway so doesn't bother me.:)

Sorry Mary, was a general post. We can't get Eircom out here in the sticks either so some lads are double screwed. Hate soccer personally anyway so doesn't bother me.:)

No offence taken. How's the haircuts these days?!!!!!

I have been thinking of cancelling my Sky Sports subscription for a few months now, but cannot bring myself to do it as I watch both La Liga nd the Champions League, and their coverage is top class.

I do hate most of their presenters and pundits (Jamie Redknapp!!) and cannot stand their obsession with telling us how great the EPL is, even though most of the games are poor, but I would miss it if it was gone.

I have seen Setanta a few times and their presentation isn't quite so slick, but they don't try to cover up bad games like Sky do. Very rarely will you hear anybody on Sky Sports say a game was bad.

I would love to just go to Freeview, as I watch very little TV these days on Sky. There are so many channels of nothing on show 24hrs a day, but unfortunately I need my football.

motorised sat dish will give you the most options for all the footie out there its worth looking into

the manu middlesborough game was streamed perfectly tonight on the website justin TV using a turkish tv station and if you turn off the turkisk commentators audio and switch on bbc radio 5 coverage it seems to work quite well.

Try [broken link removed] and you can get almost any sporting event streamed live.

Back