Sky + Costs

I wouldn't be happy with €99 ....

Rang Sky today about a sky+ box and was told that I would have to pay €149 plus €50 unless I introduced a new customer and then it would be free. I threw them the 'unsubscribe' line and yer man on the other end told me that I must be on to the wrong telephone number and he personally couldn't do anything. Is there a 'special' number to ring to negotiate? Told him not interested and he was not particularly bothered either way. Help, because I really want a sky+ box. You know, new gadget and all.

Got the sky offer too... think my sister is going to join so I will get the sky box for free... thing i'm wondering is do you still have to pay installation charges?? i (only half ) read the t& c's didn't see anything about it, my curreny sky box is connected to the house phone line so is it not a matter of just swapping them over??? Offer runs out on 10th Oct i think it said.

From what I understand talking to the sky people..

I am living with my GF for 4 years now, not married yet, therefore different surnames.

The original contract was in my name. The sky people recommended me to cancel my subscription and get my GF to call sky and avail of the new subscription offer as a "new" customer....done!!

However what if you are married..well whats stopping your wife using her maiden name to make a new subscription..nothing illegal about that I don't think.

just my two cents...

Back