Sky + Costs

aoc

Just read the thread about getting it for € 49 - def thinking about sky+ now... are there any other costs involved... at the moment i have the family package its about 31.50 per month.... no sports no movies....

about a month ago i enquired about getting the sky plus box after seeing the special offer of €49 but when i rang they said that it was only for new customers and current customers would have to pay the full price. has it changed now?

Using old Sky box with Sky+

check this thread... existing customers are only paying € 49 - no installation charge!! GREAT.... feels like something for nothing!!

Using old Sky box with Sky+

check this thread... existing customers are only paying € 49 - no installation charge!! GREAT.... feels like something for nothing!!

Great, I didn't know that ! Must check it out.

I spoke with Sky yesterday and they won't offer that to current customers, we have to pay €149 plus €50 installation. They weren't open to any requests as a long time 'valued' customer!

I spoke with Sky yesterday and they won't offer that to current customers, we have to pay €149 plus €50 installation. They weren't open to any requests as a long time 'valued' customer!

They said the same to my neighbour but changed their mind when she told them she was going to cancel her subscription (this was about 3 weeks ago). Can't remember if she had to pay an installation fee on top of the €49.

Our neighbours tried the "we will cancel" line and were told ok no problem good luck with the new provider!!! they are now with NTL and kicking themselves as the reception (they say) is not as good as Sky.

I phoned up in January expecting to pay the €149 + €50 fee as I was an existing customer, but without any prodding they told me they would do it for €89 + €50. I don't know why - maybe it just depends on who you get on the call?

I recently got rid of Chorus/UPS, which provide a pathetic service! As a new customer I got the Sky+ for €49 installation. As I don't have a phone line I had to pay an extra €37 (once off), but worth it. I know a fella who is an existing Sky customer and wanted Sky+. He got it for a reasonable price; more or less the same as me. You just need to keep at them and prove how a worthwhile Sky customer you are!

I have had my Sky+ for 6 weeks, its great. I was one of those who threatened to cancel, customer services give me the €49 deal with no installation fee

Just one thing that puzzles me about getting Sky+ - essentially what this is, is a DVD hard disk recorder except it's limited to use with Sky, would that be right? In other words you can't use it for recording anything else or storing any other media on it, nor are there any other interfaces into it - so it's a black box type recorder solely for use with Sky, correct? If so why would you pay €199 (or even €99 if you get the deal) for it when you can buy HDD DVD Hard disk recorders these days for around that (or even less, see IBOOD today)? Or am I missing something?

from my point of view - am a bit technologically challenged... so sky + is the best option for me.

I think the offer finishes at the end of August --FYI

Just one thing that puzzles me about getting Sky+ - essentially what this is, is a DVD hard disk recorder except it's limited to use with Sky, would that be right? In other words you can't use it for recording anything else or storing any other media on it, nor are there any other interfaces into it - so it's a black box type recorder solely for use with Sky, correct? If so why would you pay €199 (or even €99 if you get the deal) for it when you can buy HDD DVD Hard disk recorders these days for around that (or even less, see IBOOD today)? Or am I missing something?

I don't believe third party HDD recorders are compatible with the Sky service EPG (Electronic Programming Guide), nor would they be set up to allow you to have two satellite inputs (I would be happy for anyone to correct me!). Sky + allows you to watch one satellite channel whilst recording another, and to use the EPG to easily schedule your recordings and even to use a 'Series Link' to automatically program the box to record a series in the future. The fact that it is integrated completely with Sky's software and EPG means that it can all work very smoothly and simply.

Originally Posted by mell61 http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=691014#post691014
They said the same to my neighbour but changed their mind when she told them she was going to cancel her subscription (this was about 3 weeks ago). Can't remember if she had to pay an installation fee on top of the €49.

I called them to cancel and go to NTL ( not a hope ) and lo and behold I got sky+ installed with new box etc all for €49 so it can be done folks!

I recently got rid of Chorus/UPS, which provide a pathetic service! As a new customer I got the Sky+ for €49 installation. As I don't have a phone line I had to pay an extra €37 (once off), but worth it. I know a fella who is an existing Sky customer and wanted Sky+. He got it for a reasonable price; more or less the same as me. You just need to keep at them and prove how a worthwhile Sky customer you are!
I would agree here....you can try the "I will cancel my subscription or else" routine but unless you have good cause to persuade them to give it to you for €49, they might not. I am with sky for 8yrs and got through to cancellations and said I was on Sky World for 8ys blah blah blah and they gave it to me for the 49 plus 37 once off fee for no tel line.

I suppose it depends on who you get....ALWAYS try the cancellation routine first....you have nothing to lose. I'm geiing mine in tomorrow. Looking forward to it

As an fyi : I've had Sky+ for ~ 3years now and my box has been acting up recently. I rang up Sky and they are giving me a new box for $99 (€49 for box + €50 for installation). I argued that I could install it myself i.e. twist the connectors on at the back, but the lady was adamant that €99 was the price for the whole package. Anyhow, I'm happy enough with €99 as I thought it would cost me €149 based on what I saw on their website.

As an fyi : I've had Sky+ for ~ 3years now and my box has been acting up recently. I rang up Sky and they are giving me a new box for $99 (€49 for box + €50 for installation). I argued that I could install it myself i.e. twist the connectors on at the back, but the lady was adamant that €99 was the price for the whole package. Anyhow, I'm happy enough with €99 as I thought it would cost me €149 based on what I saw on their website.

I wouldn't be happy with €99 ....

Back