sky broadband now available for €10 per month

I can't see any prices yet on Sky's website. Where are you getting your details from?

Last edited:
I understand from reading threads on boards.ie that at the moment, they are contacting people who expressed an interest and registered that interest on the sky website.

I understand from reading threads on boards.ie that at the moment, they are contacting people who expressed an interest and registered that interest on the sky website.

Great! I registered an interest a few months ago. Will expect to hear from them then. :)

You just ring and say you had registered interest. Phone 0818719895. You need uan number from your phone bill. Unlimited download not sure of speed. Call package 7.50 with free minutes including some international. Contract 12 months cant go up in that time. Remember to check with your current provider re cancellation fees.

i signed up to sky yesterday got broadband and lite talk that ill never use for 10euro a month i am currently paying 42 euro fo 70gb a month.

its the unlimited broadband that got me to chance and the price of course.i no they have a fair use policy but its better than 70gb a month,which i could hit in two weeks if i wanted.
say that you had a missed call from them and that you reg a few months ago

Is this ADSL broadband over an Eircom line? i.e. you still pay line rental to Eircom? It's a bit confusing -- the Sky ad says "Sky line rental included" ... but the whole package is less than the wholesale cost to Sky if they are renting Eircom's copper wire. So it can't be that?

My understanding is that you are transferring to Sky and that is the cost no line rental. I was not with Eircom I was with Vodafone on a bundle and no line rental.

I have no landline, although there was one at one stage. I'm also on freeview so no Sky TV contract. I currently use Vodafone mobile broadband but find at the end of the month I usually exceed the allowance.

I wonder would I be eligible for this seeing as
1. I don't have an active landline, and
2. I'm not a Sky TV customer

Any ideas?

I have no landline, although there was one at one stage. I'm also on freeview so no Sky TV contract. I currently use Vodafone mobile broadband but find at the end of the month I usually exceed the allowance.

I wonder would I be eligible for this seeing as
1. I don't have an active landline, and
2. I'm not a Sky TV customer

Any ideas?

Ring them and see you have nothing to lose

I called them yesterday and you need an active landline as they won't give you costs etc until they check your line to see what speed they can give you.

According to other callers, they will be rolling it out to customers without an active landline in March or April.

Great, thanks for the replies.. I'll wait another few months before ringing them. Its serious competition into the market.

I called them yesterday and you need an active landline as they won't give you costs etc until they check your line to see what speed they can give you.

According to other callers, they will be rolling it out to customers without an active landline in March or April.

Hello,

Have they indicated a minimum speed, once you have a landline (i.e. is it genuine broadband speeds in all cases - with a minumum, uncongested speed for example ?) ?

Thank you

Mr. Earl.

They couldn't give me max speeds as I didn't have a line to check. Uncongested broadband wasn't mentioned to me either so I'm not sure.

If you already have DSL broadband, the service will be the same as that.

AM I correct in saying this sounds like its of no benefit if you already have UPC 50 or 100MB?

UPC Broadband speeds are likely to be higher, the big winners here will be existing Sky subscribers who are using one of the existing DSL providers.

I wonder whether sky will try to get existing customers who are out of contract to sign up to new 12 month contract to avail of discounted sky Tel/BB.

Looking forward to getting a call - Currently with Vodafone for Tel/BB and can't wait to get better value.

Back