Sinn Féin's tax proposals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dublin City Council like many other councils have said that their vacant numbers are much lower than what a national figure of 180,00 would give them. In fact a large number of them are actually holiday homes.
The local authorities are a major part of the problem when it comes to freeing up properties which should be on the market.

I have a feeling that if the average public servant was as competent and hard working as the average civil servant we'd be in a much better place as a country.

With the 2016 census, a large amount of the 180,000 related to when if someone didn't answer the door the property was marked as vacant.
It wasn't as simple as that, unless the enumerator didn't do their job properly, they were issues with guidance on a number of steps to carry out in an attempt to evaluate if it was truely vacant prior to registering it as such. Ultimately I believe all those numbers are somewhat exaggerated, but the overall downward trend is indicative of a reducing problem which makes sense when you consider the increase in property values over the period.

Interesting that they exclude farms from 1% wealth tax and not your residence, small business, pension fund value, and all other assets. This on top of increased income tax will hit the wealth creators hard.
no surprise , a lot of farmers in the SF heartlands of Monaghan , Cavan , Donegal and North Louth have always voted SF

A big IF. They didn’t, most only had bank shares, they thought they were a one way bet, blue blue chip. They were not sophisticated investors. They were not bailed out. They were hard working self reliant people who paid taxes all there lives. An easy target for those re writing history.
investing in banks in a small european nation is not investing in a pension , its highly risky , its not up to anyone to educate said people , anyone who was reasonably well diversified going into the crash has seen their pension pot more than recover in the past thirteen or fourteen years

they are probably to the forefront in Labour right now as they are constantly having to look over their shoulder at the Soc Dems who more or less out WOKE them on every topic
that bacik one, is not my cup of tea at all. She'd put me off voting Labour full stop. Is that comment allowed?

Last edited:
I said I didn't like the woman or her politics. I was told that's not nice. What's been said on this thread about the murdering Shinners must be very upsetting altogether for some readers

I said I didn't like the woman or her politics.
You said "that bacik one, is not a nice person". You've since edited it so maybe you agree that it wasn't a nice thing to say.
What's been said on this thread about the murdering Shinners must be very upsetting altogether for some readers
Saying that there are Shinners who are murderers is a statement of fact.
Saying that they are child killers is a statement of fact.
Saying that they don't recognise this country as a country and will not use the name of this country and that they are run from a foreign country are statements of fact.
I don't recall ever singling individuals out for attack (unlike the Shinners ;)).

You said "that bacik one, is not a nice person". You've since edited it so maybe you agree that it wasn't a nice thing to say.
No I was told to edit it or it would be deleted. Having an opinion that someone is not a "nice person" apparently is worse than calling them murderers and child killers (even though most Shinners would deny all such accusations. Sure Gerry Adams still denies being a member of the IRA to this day doesn't he?

No I was told to edit it or it would be deleted. Having an opinion that someone is not a "nice person" apparently is worse than calling them murderers and child killers (even though most Shinners would deny all such accusations. Sure Gerry Adams still denies being a member of the IRA to this day doesn't he?
He does but other disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back