Single billing and eircom credit

I contacted eircom (through their web based customer support form) again about my credit refund and they told me (by email) that it takes 6-8 weeks to sort this out. I emailed back pointing out that my switch to UTV took place in February so this refund is long overdue. I have not heard back from them again yet. ComReg told me to use eircom's complaint/customer support process first and to get back to them if I got no joy. So I may be contacting ComReg soon...

Clubman: Try calling eircom again and ask for "Credit Control" (which is based in Galway I think - weave the weather in Galway into the conversation!) A young lady there was helpful to my retrieving my money - eventually (after I smoozed her with weather stuff and chit-chat!) h

Last edited:
I contacted eircom by email again and my query was passed on to another department (not clear which department) and they got back to tell me that my refund has been cleared for processing and should be posted to me next week.

My cheque for the princely sum of €12.31 arrived from eircom today. But joking aside I would urge all consumers who have switched to another company for their telephone services to make sure that they claim any credit outstanding on their account back!

Another update for anyone following this thread, as I mentioned above I needed a phone line, so after going straight to the top last week and an initial response that 'line work had to be carried out, so it would be 6-8 weeks before being connected' I received a call from a nice chap called Des yesterday who advised me of my new phone number and told me everything was working fine!

Back