Should I refinance

Can you not see how ludicrous this statement is? You have been, are now, and it appears from your opening question will be, dependant on the banks in to your future.

Oh give me a break yeah so I got my car on finance and borrowed for some luxuries, I pay it back no one else so whats the problem? How many people do you know that live debt free, i've not heard of people buying houses for cash, or cars etc?

Oh give me a break yeah so I got my car on finance and borrowed for some luxuries, I pay it back no one else so whats the problem? How many people do you know that live debt free, i've not heard of people buying houses for cash, or cars etc?

There is a big difference from borrowing to buy a home and attending a wedding. As a general rule a loan should be taken out to match the life span of the asset. In that regard i hope your car has two more years 5 more years left in it.

With the exception of a mortgage, myself (and a lot of people I know) have only ever bought cars for cash, and have no other debt.

Maybe this thread should be a reality check for you - a lot of people DO live in debt, but a lot dont either. Which would you rather be?

There is a big difference from borrowing to buy a home and attending a wedding. As a general rule a loan should be taken out to match the life span of the asset. In that regard i hope your car has two more years 5 more years left in it.

And then some.

With the exception of a mortgage, myself (and a lot of people I know) have only ever bought cars for cash, and have no other debt.

Maybe this thread should be a reality check for you - a lot of people DO live in debt, but a lot dont either. Which would you rather be?

Not a lot of people at 21 fresh out of college have the cash to buy a car, sorry if that upsets you in some way.

Not a lot of people at 21 fresh out of college have the cash to buy a car, sorry if that upsets you in some way.

I did. Plenty of people do. They just cut their cloth to their measure and buy a cheap runaround until they can afford something better.

Danielle, you're not on a great salary, you're not happy in your job, your job is steady, you feel in control of your finances, if doing what you propose gets you a better paying happier job then go for the education now.

I'm 23 so I don't see anything wrong with my salary and i'm due for a payrise god some people are just not happy unless they're bringing others down.

You came here for opinions - yet you are quite defensive. I think you should just do your course and refinance. I've no idea why you posted this thread.

BTW - You have stated that you will be 26 in 2 years, you have 24 in your username & now you are stating you are 23?

I did. Plenty of people do. They just cut their cloth to their measure and buy a cheap runaround until they can afford something better.

That's nice for you but I didn't and my old car packed in so I needed to get something decent as I travel about 200 miles a week.

You came here for opinions - yet you are quite defensive. I think you should just do your course and refinance. I've no idea why you posted this thread.

BTW - You have stated that you will be 26 in 2 years, you have 24 in your username & now you are stating you are 23?

I came here for opinons and some constructive criticism some people are just nit picking and trying to find flaws in everything there's a diffierence. I'm soon to be 24 and I don't think your username has to reflect you're age, I thought you could put down any number you like.

well then your pay increase will give you extra money to save for college and continue with your existing loans and shares will also help!

Then when your finished college you will be debt free and have no financial restraints.

Okay lets not split hairs.

If I were in your position, I would go back to college. But then, I'm not very sensible money-wise....that is after all why I am on this site...

However I am sensible career - wise. Make sure this course is worth doing and will benefit you in real terms. I know you think 26 is old but it's not. I'm 30 and I'm still doing extra courses by night as are most of my friends. It is common for those that do not fall in to a specific career for life...such as teaching etc as your path is not as defined and it takes a few years to place yourself on that path.

Whatever you do - best of luck.

well then your pay increase will give you extra money to save for college and continue with your existing loans and shares will also help!

Then when your finished college you will be debt free and have no financial restraints.

Shares are not due to mature for another couple of years. My pay increase won't cut it.

Danielle24, do you ever think it is possilble that you might be wrong?

Anyway, do whatever it is you want to do.

I came here for opinons and some constructive criticism some people are just nit picking and trying to find flaws in everything there's a diffierence.

Wrong about people nit picking and trying to find flaws in everything - what i see are plenty of constructive posts, but you choose to perceive it differently because you dont want to listen.

Reread the thread - you have rejected most suggestions made, defended and justified borrowing behaviour, made smart comments to posters and wont listen to any suggestions made.

It seems like all you want is for everyone to say 'Oh yea, refinance - thats a great idea, good luck with it'. Anything to the contrary is just met with you considering it 'nit picking'.

Wrong about people nit picking and trying to find flaws in everything - what i see are plenty of constructive posts, but you choose to perceive it differently because you dont want to listen.

Reread the thread - you have rejected most suggestions made, defended and justified borrowing behaviour, made smart comments to posters and wont listen to any suggestions made.

It seems like all you want is for everyone to say 'Oh yea, refinance - thats a great idea, good luck with it'. Anything to the contrary is just met with you considering it 'nit picking'.

Sorry but telling people they're not on a good salary and that they're not financially independant or that they should have been able to afford a car with cash straight out of college is not constructive advice. I don't know anyone who can afford to that and the small few that can usually live at home with their parents.

I'm actually amazed that so many people have tried to be helpful and continued to offer advice after OP's curt and rude responses - I had a look when post first appeared but decided against commenting as OP seemed to have a 'chip' on her shoulder from the outset.

Sorry but telling people they're not on a good salary and that they're not financially independant or that they should have been able to afford a car with cash straight out of college is not constructive advice. I don't know anyone who can afford to that and the small few that can usually live at home with their parents.

Well thats how you choose to see it. Unless you can open your mind, accept that other people (with more life and financial experience) may see things differently then not much is going to change for you.

Danielle, the fact that you need to borrow and refinance to get through life suggests you are doing something wrong.

Best of luck.

Back