Should I refinance

Can you elaborate what you mean about the company shares if you don't mind.

Are these shares traded on the stockmarket and is there much of a market for them?

If a lot of the staff were given the option to purchase shares (including the owners of the company) there could be a lock in period during which these shares cannot be traded. If in a couple of years this lock in expires there might be a flood of shares coming on to the market and the marketmakers, knowing this will push the price down.

Are these shares traded on the stockmarket and is there much of a market for them?

If a lot of the staff were given the option to purchase shares (including the owners of the company) there could be a lock in period during which these shares cannot be traded. If in a couple of years this lock in expires there might be a flood of shares coming on to the market and the marketmakers, knowing this will push the price down.

No their shares in my company.

My company is one of the lucky few that the recession hasn't touched, it's strived and continuing to do so, my shares have tripled in price already so i'm not worried about them.

Despite that they are not listed on the stockmarket or easily tradeable?

loved reading this thread to see the replys from op.
leave it open.
see how far it goes.
still wondering about the shares,and the interest free loan.

Almost scared to post here in case I get eaten by one side or another ...

But Danielle, wanted to point out to you Bronco's point in post 73. If you say that the shares in your company have 'tripled in value'. that means that they must be shares in a publicly traded company i.e. shares that are traded on the stockmarket, the value of which can fall as well as rise. Therefore, if you and other members of staff have been given options on these shares which expires in a certain time period, the shares will all flood onto the market at the same time, therefore pushing the price down. You also need to take into account that, as far as I know, any gain you make on options is taxed not as Capital Gains Tax (i.e. 20%) but as income tax (i.e. 42% if you earn over the threshold). My hubby got caught out on this last year - sold stock options worth 20 grand, kept 20% back to pay tax, spent the rest (including investing a big chunk in BoI shares when they were worth 4 euros a share - AARRGGHH!!!) and then got a not very polite letter from Revenue pointing out that he owed them 8 grand not 4.

You need to get independent expert advice re your stock options

My attitude is that of a spoilt child? Based on what the fact I said I wouldn't go running to my parents for money?

But you told us in one of your posts that your parents wouldn't be in the position to lend you money anyhow? No, the spoilt child bit comes from your childish angry responses to people who are trying to tease out the facts so they can help you with your original request..

In order to help you can you answer these questions?

Where will you be able to sell your shares that have "tripled" in price?

Is the interest free loan a loan from your company to you? Is it possible to do this?

What sort of business are you in that has avoided the recession?

But you told us in one of your posts that your parents wouldn't be in the position to lend you money anyhow? No, the spoilt child bit comes from your childish angry responses to people who are trying to tease out the facts so they can help you with your original request..

In order to help you can you answer these questions?

Where will you be able to sell your shares that have "tripled" in price?

Is the interest free loan a loan from your company to you? Is it possible to do this?

What sort of business are you in that has avoided the recession?

Yes my parents wouldn't be in a position and even if they were I would't look for money off them. I would rather not give out to much information about my business as its a sensitive nature. We sell the shares back to our company. It's not a loan it's not from my company it's not important where the money came from.

No their shares in my company.

Are you the owner of the company because in your latest post you say that we sell them back to the company. Are you a director or something?

What is the sensitive nature of your company? Is it manufacturing, retail, Research and Development, entertainment, legal, head shops?

(As i've said it's not a loan. I've explained about the shares also.)

the more you explain -the less we know!!.

Are you the owner of the company because in your latest post you say that we sell them back to the company. Are you a director or something?

What is the sensitive nature of your company? Is it manufacturing, retail, Research and Development, entertainment, legal, head shops?

I know whats happening with my shares. My job is irrelevant and I don't want to discuss my whole life on an internet forum.

The only conclusion I can come to on the interest free money - as she says it's not a loan but money that is owed - is that it is credit card debt that is on an interest free period at the moment?
Does that now make sense to others.
OP lots of people post questions/scenarios etc with what they perceive to be all the info but in order sometimes for people to give as good a response from the vast life/business/financial/legal or what ever experience is needed they need additional information.
There are a number of questions that people have posted looking for additional info in order to help - you seem to see it as an invasion for info - and you have chosen to ignore them.
Remember that most of the posters here are a lot older and wiser. A lot have been where you are now. I myself woke up one morning owing 24k with nothing to show for it. 8 k of it was on a credit card. I worked bloody hard to pay it off in one year and I wasn't earning a whole lot more than you.

Back