Shed Block V Steel V precast concrete

Frank

I want to build a shed big as I can without PP so 25 m^2 or just under

Looks to me like steel or precast are about half the price of block.

Anyone have experience of the Steel or precast.

Advantages V disadvantages

Cheaper
Fast to assemble once base is in.

I would be concerned about longevity.

All depends on what you will be storing in the shed Frank.

I have both - block for garage - car, tools, equipment etc. and a Steeltech (no affiliation) shed for fuel. The Steeltech shed is about 22' x 13' and cost roughly €3,000 (not including the base which I put in myself separate to Steeltech supplying the shed).

I was thinking a basic half for lawnmower bbq and the like that are currently in the Barna that is too small.

Then a nicer side to move the washing machine and dryer and maybe gym type situation

From a practical point of view is the area of the shed measured internally or externally? If externally then a steel shed you give more internal floor area for your euro, if it's internally, then it makes no difference.

I've had both. I had a Yardmaster (self build) steel shed in my last house. Fine for storing stuff like bikes, lawnmower etc, but that's about it. The concrete one I have at the moment is great as a workshop, is much easier to heat when necessary, and if I wanted to use it for something like a home gym, then it would be streets ahead of a steel one, with a little more work in drylining etc. It is a lot easier imho, to customise afterwards, e.g. putting in dividers, adding a door etc.

Thanks Buddyboy kind of what I was thinking and I like that the finish is done and can match the house on the pebble dash of the precast.

I looked at steeltech my dad actually has one but the lack of security on the door bugs me. The idea about the cold is a good point too.

Must have another look and get someone in to give me a price.

Back