Scrap the 1c and 2c coins.

thx piggy, must be

Seemingly the Central Bank is missing 300m (euro or pounds) and this is sitting in peopled homes in old money.
Also, people have stacks of small coins in jars.

these people will collect ANY coins as that can send the foriegn coins to thre UK and get sterling for them.

It sounds a good cause

0]

hey, I put a pointer post in another area

hey, I put a pointer post in another area (don't ask AAM)
because this is probably not the one (letting of steam) to have it in.
Its been removed with no reason given.
As registered user, can I be provided with a reason?

0]

Re: hey, I put a pointer post in another area

Hi cerberus,

I'd say it got deleted as the mods probably don't want people putting pointer posts to something they've said somewhere else.
It sounds like a good cause mind you so why not start a thread on it, highlighting the plight of these children...as opposed to what you had?
You'll probbaly get more views that way too.

Old Dog

I really haven't got used to Euro coinage at all, any of it! They're too small. Remember the old pound coins and seven sided 50ps and the easiliy recognisable smaller coins.

I am one of those guys (not gals) who just holds out a handful of coins and lets the Chinese counter gal pick her way through it.

I sense there's some purposeful trolling going on to target "women" in a few threads recently. The idea is to get a rise I suppose...not that I'd be the best person to give advice about ignoring that sort of thing mind you.

okay, off topic. At the risk of hijacking the thread, what would happen if 'woman' was replaced with 'black person' or 'Jew'? We have about as much choice of gender as we do race. Would we brush it off as 'trolling'? or just ignore the posts?

Charities might do a lot better if the smallest coin being hoarded is the 5c - if this is the main reason for keeping them in the first instance?

Marion :hat

1c and 2 c coins

Just returned backf rom Australia, where they dont have 1c and 2 c coins...It was fantastic...No useless change in the pockets... Im def ALL FOR getting rid of these coins

Back