Ryanair wont accept laser card? and its an irish company

I read your statement as an endorsement of his (bono's) right to choose what his due tax should be spend on instead of having to pay tax like the rest of us. If I'm wrong feel free to clarify what you did mean to say.
The whole U2 thing (moving certain portfolios/income to another EU country to reduce their tax burden) is legitimate tax planning. There's nothing illegal about it so obviously he has a "right" to avail of this.

(moving certain portfolios/income to another EU country to reduce their tax burden).

Don't forget that hundreds of thousands of Irish workers are employed by multinational companies whose presence here is solely or primarily for similar tax planning purposes.

The whole U2 thing (moving certain portfolios/income to another EU country to reduce their tax burden) is legitimate tax planning. There's nothing illegal about it so obviously he has a "right" to avail of this.

Nothing illegal but perhaps immoral.

Would that we all had the luxury to play God when it comes to deciding when our debt to society had been discharged and imploring the same society to do more for the less fortunate in another one. Sweet.

Should we tell Dell, Intel, Microsoft etc etc etc to go back to the US as their presence here is "immoral"?

Nothing illegal but perhaps immoral.
A matter of opinion. But what counts in practice is matters of law. If you think it's objectionable then why not lobby your elected representatives to change the system as it stands?
Would that we all had the luxury to play God when it comes to deciding when our debt to society had been discharged and imploring the same society to do more for the less fortunate in another one. Sweet.
If that's what you aspire to then you might be interested in [broken link removed].

I have no objection with Bono going down any legal avenue to save himself a few pence in tax (we would all do the same) as long as it stops him banging on about how stingy developed countries are with charity donations every two minutes.

They accept anything as long as it involves consenting adults and no harm to the person or property of any non consenting others!

If you think it's objectionable then why not lobby your elected representatives to change the system as it stands?

Gosh, there's an idea. Why didn't I think of that?

I'll get on to it straight away and confidantly expect to see the tax system reformed by the end of next week.

Back