Ryanair On-line check in

Re: Ryanair flight from Shannon @ 7.30 am

Ryanair flight leaving Shannon at 7.30am going to Girona. Travelling with hubby and 2 small children. Can we check on line with baggage that has been prepaid for? Do we have to be at Shannon airport at 5.30am (will there be any check in desks open). Would be very grateful for any information on the above as we have 2 hours to drive to reach Shannon.

it's explained quite clearly on the ryanair site that you can't check in online if you have checked in baggage or children
[broken link removed]

To qualify for Online Check-in each passenger must present either a valid passport or National Identity Card (Drivinglicences not accepted) , issued by the government of an EU/ European Economic Area (EEA) country which matches the document details printed on their online boarding pass, at both airport security and the departure gate. (See paragraph headed "Documentation" for details of accepted EEA National Identity Cards).
The following passengers do not qualify for Online Check-In:
  • Passengers travelling with checked baggage
  • Children aged between 14-18 years travelling alone
  • Passengers travelling with infants
  • Passengers travelling with mobility equipment (including children's pushchairs)
  • Passengers with reduced mobility, blind/vision impaired passengers including those travelling with a sighted companion (*)
  • Blind/vision impaired passenger travelling with a guide dog (*)
  • Passengers who require special assistance at the airport (*)
  • Passengers travelling on a passport which is due to expire within 30 days from the date of travel.
  • When there are more than 9 passengers booked in a reservation
  • Passengers travelling on the same reservation with a passenger who is not eligible for Online Check-In
Where a passenger is unable to avail of Online Check-in by reason only of a matter marked (*) above, any Airport Check-In fee paid will be refunded at the time the special services are requested. Where a passenger is unable to avail of Online Check-in by reason only of not being the holder of either a valid passport or a National Identity Card, issued by the government of an EU/EEA country, any airport check-in fee paid will be refunded upon application.

If you are in the queue for check-in at 6am, you will be fine for a 7.30am departure.

Am I reading this right. While booking a fare I click that I want to take one suitcase with me. I pay €16 for that. Then I am not allowed online check-in so I have to pay another €10 for the privledge of doing so at the airport. I recently travel with Aer Lingus and checked the bag in online with no charge at the airport. Why should one be restricted like this with Ryanair who say they want us all to check-in online but then don't allow anyone with baggage already paid for to do so. I do hope I am wrong???

Just saw this on Ryanair website:

Airport Check-in Fees
A £4/€5 airport check-in desk fee is applied to each passenger who has opted to check-in at the airport. No check-in fee is applied to passengers who check-in online.
Checked Baggage
Each passenger is permitted to check in up to a maximum of 3 bags with a combined weight of 15kgs subject to the payment of the applicable checked baggage fees. No pooling or sharing of baggage allowances is permitted, even within a party travelling on the same reservation.

It says charge applies to "each passenger who has OPTED to CHECK-IN at the AIRPORT. What happens when you are not given the "OPTION".

Last edited:
you have opted to check-in at the airport by the very fact that you're checking in a bag - you have the option to only carry bags onboard and check in online or check in bags and check in at the airport.

Ryanair have a habit of making money out of anything which they consider to slow down a turn-round. They would prefer it if everyone travelled with one bag of less than 10 Kgs as hand luggage, booked online, checked in online and arrived ready for the flight 40 minutes before departure.

The number of online check-ins has recently increased and on my last flight with them there must have been 40 - 50 pax in the priority queue. So what do they do? they start charging on-line check-in customers for priority boarding when before it was free.

Ryanair Connecting Flights

On a bit of a tangent to the current thread so sorry about that.

I am flying Faro-Dub-Kerry with Ryanair. I intend to check in on-line for both flights. My question is, when I arrive at Dublin airport do I have to go out through departures then back in through security or can I just go direct to the boarding gate for my flight to Kerry and present my on-line boarding card

Thanks in advance.

Christy

On another slight tangent-SORRY! 'Got an e-mail from Ryanair about the size of hand luggage.Are they getting stricter about what you can carry on or is it just a ruse to make Mick O'Leary more money?

Re: Ryanair Connecting Flights

On a bit of a tangent to the current thread so sorry about that.

I am flying Faro-Dub-Kerry with Ryanair. I intend to check in on-line for both flights. My question is, when I arrive at Dublin airport do I have to go out through departures then back in through security or can I just go direct to the boarding gate for my flight to Kerry and present my on-line boarding card

Thanks in advance.

Christy
I looked into this before - see the post below. Basically it depends which pier(s) your flights arrive/depart from. The safest bet is plan on having to back through security.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=68671

On another slight tangent-SORRY! 'Got an e-mail from Ryanair about the size of hand luggage.Are they getting stricter about what you can carry on or is it just a ruse to make Mick O'Leary more money?

I travelled with them last week. I could have brought an elephant on board and nobody would have noticed. In fact one person was travelling with something that looked like an elephant.

On the return trip from La Rochelle, no problem. One carry on and a light nylon haversack thingy.

Ciampino (Rome) - Stansted (London)
I'm travelling from Rome to Stanstead tomorrow, and have been trying to check-in online all moring, but Ryanair website continues giving me "error".
It's not that someone on AAM can give me some advice?
Thanks.

On-line check is separate to those kiosks. You have to check in on the ryanair website before the dealine, there is a link from the homepage and you'll need to have your passport number for this and print out your boarding card so in the airport you can go staright through security.

RYANAIR CHECK-IN ONLINE IMPOSSIBLE. Have been trying to check-in online for Rome-Trapani-Rome travelling on 11 March, but get the error again and again. Have been trying since the day before yesterday.
Anyone got any ideas?

I tried to check my daughter in for a flight this afternoon for a flight from Malaga to Dublin and it seemed to be going well but I was not able to finish as I did not have her passport details. I tried to check in online tonight when I had all the details but it would not let me get past the first screen! I have no idea what the problem is. Luckily she is flying out with Aer Lingus so she can print out the return part during the coming week.

Just a quick update. Talk about being stupid I kept putting in Dublin to Malaga but I was only checking in for a flight from Malage to Dublin, needless to say when I put everything in correctly I printed it out perfectly just goes to show my own fault all the time!

Just to go back to Christy's query on transferring Ryanair flights in Dublin airport and whether it's necessary to go back through security: I understand it's theoretically possible if the flights are in the same area, but has anyone here actually done it?
I would hate to find out at the last minute that though I have my printed boarding pass I am missing some other verification from security.

Just to go back to Christy's query on transferring Ryanair flights in Dublin airport and whether it's necessary to go back through security: I understand it's theoretically possible if the flights are in the same area, but has anyone here actually done it?
I would hate to find out at the last minute that though I have my printed boarding pass I am missing some other verification from security.

Yes. Arrived into area A with Aer Arann and departed on Ryanair. Never left area A. You only have a problem if you have to go from one area to another, for example A to B

Having now returned from my Uk trip, I asked Ryanair staff whether it was necessary to go through security again, but they had no idea. We landed in Area A and the next flight was in D so we followed the transfer signs and skipped the queue but did have to go through security all over again.
I'm pleased to see someone has actually succeeded in transferring onward without having to be rescreened.

Never travelled Ryanair before so just wondering what it means when it says 1 bag + online check in when making the booking. Does this refer to checked luggage? If so whats the point in online check in if you have to check in a bag?

Back