Ryanair On-line check in

askU

According to:
[broken link removed]
Passengers can check-in online from the comfort of their own home or office. By using Online Check-In passengers also receive Priority Boarding free of charge and thereby save time and money, by avoiding queues at the check-in and boarding gates.

Is it not possible to check in on-line at the airport.(Ill be flying from cork airport)

Regards

P

To check in online, you must have internet access and a printer, and you have to check in at least 4 hours beforehand (that's the cut-off time for Ryanair online check-in), so it's very unlikely you'll be able to do it at the airport.

Ryanair don't use the "self-serve" check in machines that Aer Lingus and other airlines use.

If you approach the check-in desk to check in with a real person, you'll have to pay the check-in charge.

Don't forget your passport!

Last edited:
To check in online, you must have internet access and a printer, and you have to check in at least 4 hours beforehand (that's the cut-off time for Ryanair online check-in), so it's very unlikely you'll be able to do it at the airport.

Ryanair don't use the "self-serve" check in machines that Aer Lingus and other airlines use.

If you approach the check-in desk to check in with a real person, you'll have to pay the check-in charge.

Don't forget your passport!

I dont understand the 4 hour rule- is it possible to check in a day or two before the flight?

You can check in up to 5 days before travel but 4 hours is the latest time allowed.

i think that cork airport might not be ready for the online check in i think they had to negotiate with the unions as the security staff see this as extra work

i think that cork airport might not be ready for the online check in i think they had to negotiate with the unions as the security staff see this as extra work

Anyone know if this is the case or if problems have been resolved - I'm due to fly from Cork to Dublin next Wed and had planned to check-in online?

Thanks.

You can check in up to 5 days before travel but 4 hours is the latest time allowed.
Ok say that i check in 4 or 5 days before travel and something pops up whick means that that i can not travel. What happens then?

Ok say that i check in 4 or 5 days before travel and something pops up whick means that that i can not travel. What happens then?
Nothing at all.

Ryanair, as with most other short hop airlines, don't do name calls at the gate so it's business as usual. Whether you decided not to travel or are simply having a few jars in the bar it's irrelevant.

Anyone know if this is the case or if problems have been resolved - I'm due to fly from Cork to Dublin next Wed and had planned to check-in online?

Thanks.

No problems. Print it off and they just scan the barcode at security.

They were certainly doing name calls on Sunday in Stansted for at least 3 flights.
Local decision probably based on the work it would have taken to off load X number of checked bags or give a name call.

Company rule of thumb is no name calls.

That may have been for passengers who had physically checked in on the day and did not present themselves at the gate. Ordinarily they do not care if you don't turn up at all.

They were certainly doing name calls on Sunday in Stansted for at least 3 flights.

That may have been for passengers who had physically checked in on the day and did not present themselves at the gate. Ordinarily they do not care if you don't turn up at all.

exactly - most people using desk check-in would have checked luggage and Ryanair would not want the hassle of unloading luggage.

Don't print the online check-in barcodes on two sides of the one page (as many printers will automatically do) because at check-in the page will be ripped and won't then work for the return flight.

You now also have to enter your passport number, expiry date, date of birth, etc with online check-in. The possibility of making errors has increased exponentially.

You now also have to enter your passport number, expiry date, date of birth, etc with online check-in. The possibility of making errors has increased exponentially.

I doubt entering some data and then checking it's correct is beyond most people.

To update my own query (and thanks to Olympian), there is no problem at Cork Airport security with online check-in documents. Flew to/from Cork today with no difficulties in this regard.

(as an aside, Aer Arann also have online check-in for Cork flights - useful to know!)

Back