Ryanair changed my flight times and they don't suit me

Incidentally are Marsupial and Dr. Strangelove one and the same person or of the same mind....they follow each other around with their "likes".

I can only speak for 50% of us, but if he's anything like me then he's an intelligent, worldly wise individual with a good understanding of how things work on Planet Ryanair. He's also aware that flying with Ryanair isn't compulsory.

(I recently booked a return flight to Seville in May for €69 return with Ryanair! At that cost I don't really care what time my flights depart or arrive at! For this kangaroo, travelling is all about the sense of adventure!)

Last edited:
Almost Ryanair-esque.

Jerez is an hour from Seville!

What do they call it, ‘Seville South’?!

:) They call it the home of good sherry!

But as I can't fly there direct from Ireland, and have no great desire to transit through Stansted or Luton, a Ryanair cheapie followed by a rail connection on the excellent Spanish network is the best way to get to my double Amontillado and tapas!

Ryanair have changed my flight times for a July flight to Bergamo. The outgoing change is inconvenient, now arriving near midnight, but I can live with it. The return flight has been changed to 7.30am in the morning which we can't make work. We are staying in Verona and can't be in Bergamo airport for a 5.30 or 6 am check in. I have been giving a free change of flight to the next day which I have accepted. However I am incurring the expense of an extra nights accommodation as a result. Is there anything I can do about this?

Four of my Ryanair flights, different months, already changed by over 4 hours, both legs.

I have also booked a later flight in the year, September.

I am actually afraid to book any hotels at this stage because I expect my flight time to be changed before September.

I am actually afraid to book any hotels at this stage because I expect my flight time to be changed before September.
We were always happy to purchase our hotel stay, pay upfront to get the lowest price, but non-refundable.

Due to Ryanair re-scheduling our flights we have had to change the way we do this. We now have to pay an additional price for our hotel room so that we can cancel our stay if needs be, if Ryanair re-schedules our flights. In fact, we are now considering staying the first and last nights in a hotel close to the Ryanair airport........just in case we get caught out and have to travel.

In August I booked flights to Palma for next April. I paid extra to fly on a mid morning flight.

I was just checking the flight times this morning only to discover that both the outgoing flight from Dublin has been changed to an afternoon flight. The incoming flight has changed from an afternoon flight to a morning flight.

I received no notification about these changes.

I contacted customer service today by phone and was told that as I had not received any official email about these changes then I can do nothing, as the flight times might change again!
Interesting article about Quantas selling tickets for cancelled flights.

If Ryanair is selling tickets for flights that only exist on paper but not actually set and then re-schedule them, are they not guilty of misleading people?

It seems from the OP's post above that his flights were re-scheduled (cancelled) but he was not notified about this. Ryanair's response to him was that there was no point in advising him that his flights were re-scheduled because they might be re-scheduled again. So why are they selling these seats until they know for certain that they will exist?

The thing is.....when we booked we chose the more expensive mid day flight. We could have opted for a cheaper flight later in the day.

Now our more expensive flight has been re scheduled to later in the day. The later in the day flight is €20 per person cheaper.

So they got more money out of us for a flight that doesn't exist and was only a notional flight when we booked it..
This has happened to me now also. I booked a flight 2 weeks ago with a departure from Dublin in late June. The departure was to be at 10am from Dublin. I just got notification to say its been changed to 07.45 and as we are over 2hrs from the airport this now means we pretty much have to stay up all night to catch the flight. I could have booked the day before or day after but specifically booked it the day we did as it had 10am departure which was ideal for us and we have booked our accommodation so don't want the hassle of changing that now.
I can't help but think is a sinister move by Ryanair to get people to book on the basis of a nice flight time and then change the time to less convenient for most people knowing that most people we have to stick with the flight.

There is an interesting paragraph in the Quantas story above.

"“Qantas’ conduct was egregious and unacceptable. Many consumers will have made holiday, business and travel plans after booking on a phantom flight that had been cancelled,” she added."

I think that the regulators need to look at what is happening to people and do something about it.

OP is stating that Ryanair have changed the flight time but haven't notified OP.
Furthermore, they have told them that they cannot claim a refund until they are 'officially notified'.
And yet they are selling tickets for the same flight at a different time from what OP is saying.

How can you sell tickets for the flight at a different time if you haven't changed the flight time?
What is the difference in what Ryanair did and what Quantas did?

"Qantas let down customers and fell short of our own standards. We know many of our customers were affected by our failure to provide cancellation notifications in a timely manner and we are sincerely sorry,” Ms Hudson said,"

Interesting thread here on Tripadvisor about Bait and Switch tactics used by airlines.

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k14664688-Victim_of_bait_and_switch-Air_Travel.html

Interesting thread here on Tripadvisor about Bait and Switch tactics used by airlines.

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k14664688-Victim_of_bait_and_switch-Air_Travel.html

I haven't read all of the 131 posts on that link, but it appears to be about dodgy tactics by some travel agents rather than by airlines.

In August I booked flights to Palma for next April. I paid extra to fly on a mid morning flight.

I was just checking the flight times this morning only to discover that both the outgoing flight from Dublin has been changed to an afternoon flight. The incoming flight has changed from an afternoon flight to a morning flight.

I received no notification about these changes.
So you have no idea when your flights were cancelled because they did not send you an email? You found out by accident.

So who is to know when Ryanair actually cancelled these flights?

or

If they ever existed?

After reading this today I think that the Irish Aviation Authority needs to investigate the practice of airlines selling notional flights.

On Monday, Qantas announced it had come to an agreement with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) to resolve the court proceedings lodged in August last year, alleging it had advertised and sold tickets for more than 8,000 flights that it had already cancelled in its internal system, revelations which precipitated the early retirement of the former CEO, Dubliner Alan Joyce.

Back