Ryanair changed my flight times and they don't suit me

Bronco Lane

In August I booked flights to Palma for next April. I paid extra to fly on a mid morning flight.

I was just checking the flight times this morning only to discover that both the outgoing flight from Dublin has been changed to an afternoon flight. The incoming flight has changed from an afternoon flight to a morning flight.

I received no notification about these changes.

I contacted customer service today by phone and was told that as I had not received any official email about these changes then I can do nothing, as the flight times might change again!

The new times don't suit me and I want a refund. When I try and do this I go to the refund section but I cannot find where to input my request.

I do not know why I have not received any email about the flight changes as they have actually changed on their booking system and you can purchase the new timed flights.

The agent I spoke with said that I can only make a refund online, but I cannot do this. I can make a change to a booking but I cannot make a claim for a refund until I get an official email telling me that the flights have changed. (which they have).

I was just checking the flight times this morning only to discover that both the outgoing flight from Dublin has been changed to an afternoon flight.
How do you know? Have the flight times changed on the app?

I’ve had flight times changed in the past and always received an email.

I contacted customer service today by phone and was told that as I had not received any official email about these changes then I can do nothing, as the flight times might change again!

And so they might!
Furthermore, given the delays in Boeing delivering the new jets to Ryanair, it is quite likely that they will be tweaking their schedules quite a lot in the next few months, before finalising them. That's the risk that one takes in booking flights months in advice
(For the record I have just booked my flights for Faro for next October and expect, nay hope, that the flight times will change - I've no great desire to check in at 03.45 in the morning!)

My advice is to sit tight; furthermore I strongly doubt that Ryanair will refund you before the flight times have been finalised.

Last edited:
That's ridiculous, if they have changed the flight times they have to refund you. It sounds like they are not 'officially' notifying you to prevent you getting a refund.
If you have your flight number and can show that they have changed the time of that flight on their booking site then take them to small claims court to refund the money.

That's ridiculous, if they have changed the flight times they have to refund you. It sounds like they are not 'officially' notifying you to prevent you getting a refund.
If you have your flight number and can show that they have changed the time of that flight on their booking site then take them to small claims court to refund the money.

Isn't it staggering to imagine that Ryanair haven't covered this in their booking conditions? (Unless, of course, they have! )

9.1.1 When we accept your booking, the scheduled flight timings and flight numbers in force at the time will be shown in your booking confirmation or itinerary. The flight timings and flight numbers shown in your booking confirmation or itinerary may change before scheduled departure.

9.1.2 If we change flight timings or numbers before scheduled departure, we will notify you about these changes by e-mail. We may also notify you by push notification and text message (if you gave us a phone number for this purpose) where these changes occur shortly before scheduled departure. You will be informed of your rights in accordance with clause 9.2 below.​

Isn't it staggering to imagine that Ryanair haven't covered this in their booking conditions? (Unless, of course, they have! )
What exactly is your point?
OP is stating that Ryanair have changed the flight time but haven't notified OP.
Furthermore, they have told them that they cannot claim a refund until they are 'officially notified'.
And yet they are selling tickets for the same flight at a different time from what OP is saying.

How can you sell tickets for the flight at a different time if you haven't changed the flight time?

Staggering is right.

What exactly is your point?
OP is stating that Ryanair have changed the flight time but haven't notified OP.
Furthermore, they have told them that they cannot claim a refund until they are 'officially notified'.
And yet they are selling tickets for the same flight at a different time from what OP is saying.

How can you sell tickets to the flight at a different time if you haven't changed the flight time?

Staggering is right.

Did you even bother to read my initial response before embarking on the blather?

Anyway I'm out! I've said my piece and am happy to defer to the bar room experts!

The thing is.....when we booked we chose the more expensive mid day flight. We could have opted for a cheaper flight later in the day.

Now our more expensive flight has been re scheduled to later in the day. The later in the day flight is €20 per person cheaper.

So they got more money out of us for a flight that doesn't exist and was only a notional flight when we booked it..

When I spoke to the customer service rep today he said that they could possibly change again.

So anyone who buys one of these flights today.....thinking that they exist.......might find that they are just notional flights at this point in time.

Last edited:
So they got more money out of us for a flight that doesn't exist and was only a notional flight when we booked it..
And it sounds like they are blocking you from getting a refund and booking the cheaper one, even though they have changed the flight time, because they are claiming that they haven't officially changed the flight time. If selling tickets at the new time isn't official notification I don't know what is.

I have just booked my flights for Faro for next October and expect, nay hope, that the flight times will change
I have booked a hotel near Faro for next May. I chose the dates based on the Ryanair schedule........now I see that those flights have also changed times. Thankfully I hadn't actually booked them because they were quite expensive I was hoping that they would fall back in price.

I can change my hotel booking up to a short time before I travel.

Lesson learned. I will no longer book Ryanair flights this far in advance in the future because when they change the flight schedule it can interfere with transfers, check in times etc.

I am hearing that this is happening all the time. It has happened to my brother 3 times in his last 3 bookings. Flights to Malaga. Also no notification by email.

How can Ryanair justify selling seats knowing that there could be several changes to the schedule before they settle down.

If they are saying they might change again then they have clearly acknowledged that they have changed!

9.1.2 If we change flight timings or numbers before scheduled departure, we will notify you about these changes by e-mail.

"I was just checking the flight times this morning only to discover that both the outgoing flight from Dublin has been changed to an afternoon flight.
You didn’t say whether it was via:
1) app
2) airline website
3) airport website
4) webscraper (sky scanner, Google flights, etc

It’s not clear either whether the booking has changed in the app either.

This is relevant because of course:

he said that they could possibly change again.

Last edited:
Back