Ryanair changed my flight times and they don't suit me

As soon as they re-schedule a flight they should issue an immediate email. Even if it is re-scheduled a few times.

It is not that difficult a thing to do.

Alternatively, as soon as a booking has been made and paid for, the confirmation email could advise the purchaser (i) to read the terms and conditions that apply to that booking.

Then, after the flight schedules have been finalised, a second email could be sent to notify travellers that their flight time(s) is/are now confirmed.

Last edited:
Picture the situation where the flight time changes three times and the customer gets an email every time.

Lots of customers will notice the first or second email, and ignore the third one which is most important and as a result, potentially miss their flight.

Years ago, I missed an email update about a delay to the departure from a carrier and ended up setting round an airport for five hours with an infant. It wasn’t fun.

I think Ryanair are sailing as close as they can to the wind with their adherence to rules on this, but at the same time, I do think it makes sense to inform passengers only once of the flight change when it’s final.

Ah, if you're going to read the T&CS, wouldn't it be better to do so before purchasing???

But of course! However, it's clear from this thread that many purchasers prefer to buy first and ask questions afterwards!

(Just back from my fortnight in the Canaries and both of my Ryanair flights were top notch! Remarkably, my missus and I were fortunate enough to have empty seats beside us both on the way out and on the way back! Forza Ryanair!)

Update.

Next week I will be within 90 days of my departure and I have received no email yet to say that my flight times have been changed by over 4 hours.

This is the email below that I got from Ryanair customer service some months back.

So if I don't get any email it looks as if the flight times are going to change back to the original flight times.

But, I know that this is not going to happen.

If we change flight timings or numbers before scheduled departure, we will notify you about these changes by e-mail and text message at least 90 days prior to departure time. If you have not received the notification, it means that the schedule is yet to be finalized and the flight departure time may change back to the original.

But of course! However, it's clear from this thread that many purchasers prefer to buy first and ask questions afterwards!
Yes, but you suggested they should read all the T&Cs after booking. I'd imagine someone who can't be bothered reading before purchase isn't likely to read them after purchase. Indeed, many who run into issues still don't read them before complaining.

Until I experience problems with Ryanair I will continue to use them.
Anyway when you sit into your seat it might as well be any airline.. well almost any..

Last edited:
Next week I will be within 90 days of my departure and I have received no email yet to say that my flight times have been changed by over 4 hours.

This is the email below that I got from Ryanair customer service some months back.

So if I don't get any email it looks as if the flight times are going to change back to the original flight times.

But, I know that this is not going to happen.

Update.

I finally got my email to tell me that my outward flight time and inward flight time had been changed by circa 4 hours. It is approximately 90 days before my travel dates.

This is the email that I got.

You can choose to change your flight to the next available flight on the same route or to a flight departing one day before or one day after your new departure time. There are no flight change fees and you do not have to pay any fare difference.

• XXXXXXX to contact our Customer Service team (subject to opening hours) if you wish to avail of the free change option.

• Please note that any changes exceeding the above periods will be subject to flight change fees and additional fare difference (if applicable).

I was not given a choice to cancel my flights though. Why?

The problem I have is that I now have to get a taxi from the airport to my destination and a taxi from my destination to the airport. The price will be €120 at least and possibly more.

To add insult to injury I paid €78 per person for my outward flights because I wanted a specific time....these flights are now €46 per person. The return flights are now cheaper by €10 each also. There are two of us travelling.

If I had been given the option to cancel I could have bought them back at the lower price.

So all in all not too happy with Ryanair on this occasion.

To add insult to injury I paid €78 per person for my outward flights because I wanted a specific time....these flights are now €46 per person. The return flights are now cheaper by €10 each also. There are two of us travelling.
So you can still change to these but you want the difference back ? If so, then that's the chance you take by booking any flight early.

Update. I finally got my email to tell me that my outward flight time and inward flight time had been changed by circa 4 hours. It is approximately 90 days before my travel dates.

You weren't given a choice to get your money back because Ryanair (quite reasonably) presume that you still wanted to fly to the destination that you had booked to fly to - and they also assumed that you wanted to fly back home again. Being a point-to-point airline they have no interest whatsoever in what your travelling arrangements may have been after you had disembarked from their aircraft.

The best way to avoid this kind of thing in future is to wait until the flight times have been finalised before booking. Although even that prudent approach may not be sufficient to prevent the French ATC Marxists from doing their thing.

Last edited:
Update.

I finally got my email to tell me that my outward flight time and inward flight time had been changed by circa 4 hours. It is approximately 90 days before my travel dates.

This is the email that I got.

You can choose to change your flight to the next available flight on the same route or to a flight departing one day before or one day after your new departure time. There are no flight change fees and you do not have to pay any fare difference.

• XXXXXXX to contact our Customer Service team (subject to opening hours) if you wish to avail of the free change option.

• Please note that any changes exceeding the above periods will be subject to flight change fees and additional fare difference (if applicable).

The problem I have is that I now have to get a taxi from the airport to my destination and a taxi from my destination to the airport. The price will be €120 at least and possibly more.

If I had been given the option to cancel I could have bought them back at the lower price.

So all in all not too happy with Ryanair on this occasion.
Ryanair will give you the option of cancelling with full refund if the change is greater than 5 hours. Happened to me recently.

So you can still change to these but you want the difference back ?
No. I have no choice in the matter. I specifically chose a certain flight on a certain day at a time suitable to me. I paid extra for these flights compared to other flights on the day. They were mid morning to lunchtime flights. Flights on a day either side were either early morning flights or late evening flights and also considerably cheaper.

I have booked and paid for my hotel, non refundable so I will still travel to my destination.

Ryanair sucked me in by offering these perfect timed flights, charged me a premium for them......and then changed them by 4 hours. The prices of the these flights have now dropped in price considerably, because they can no longer charge the premium price for them. They are priced similar to the other late departure/early departure flights.

They caught me good.

Not quite true.

Ryanair offer on their website, hotels, transfers etc. as you go through the booking process.
.....and after they reschedule your flights AND after they have sold you car hire or transfers , parking etc........they just forget about you.....

This is what they tell you to do.

Please note that Ryanair is not liable for any prepaid expenses directly or indirectly related to your booking as a result of this time change.

If you have purchased other products with us (e.g. car hire, transfers, parking, etc.) and you need to make changes, please contact the providers directly.

Being a point-to-point airline they have no interest whatsoever in what your travelling arrangements may have been after you had disembarked from their aircraft.
If they sell you these add on services then they should be responsible for sorting out the mess that they have caused and not you.

Back