Roseberry Hill Newbridge

candygirl

Hi my bf and I went to see new houses in Roseberry today we really liked them.

The one we are keen on is called the owl its €365,000.

The agent says on Monday hes putting the price up to €375,000! as there selling fast off the plans.

The house wont be ready until March but im afraid as property seems to be dropping, and if we go now for the house it could be worth alot less in March has anyway got advice on this as we were told to send the draft Monday!

And does anyone live there or know what its like there?

Thanks

Hi , we're living here over a year and are very impressed with the area.

It is certainly the best looking estate in Newbridge and probably kildare.

The builders in general have been good in rectifying issues after sales have been completed. Natural gas is finally on the way, having gone through the planning process.

Have a look at

Your original deposit to the agents is refundable I believe, so if you pay it you have time to consider again.

I doubt your house would be worth less in march, but everyone has differing opinions.

After the recent stagnation in property people are now in a situation where they either pay rising rents or take the plunge into property.

I think investors are now getting back into propery because of the good deals to be had.

Best of luck in whatever you decide.

I went to see these houses on Saturday and while I was very impressed with them, they sort of seemed a bit expensive to me. I was only looking at the three bed mid-terraced house for 320k, but add into that the tiling allowance for the kitchen wasn't great and there was no tiling allowance for the bathroom, it all adds up pretty quickly. I was originally told too that there was no allowance for a fireplace but it turns out that there is.

Not surprised they have upped the prices though, they really are lovely houses.

I do think they are expensive since you have to get tilling,flooring Etc
I think we would have went for these if they had a bit extra added into house. We went to see a few new houses and there was alot added even cooker,etc So are you going to go for the house

I'm not sure, it's definitely in the running though. Would maybe prefer something a bit closer to Dublin, but it seems like a nice area to raise kids and that is what is probably going to be the deciding factor.

Yeah it does look nice, We pulled out today wasnt sure what to do, im afraid since its a new area what its going to be like in a few years,
People keep telling me to buy in a old area since its long estabished and solid houses and ive seen so many on Daft that are 3 bed around €360,000 with stamp duty and cheaper also.
Are you set on buying a new house

Not 100% set on a new house by any means.

Do you know what the booking deposit is and how long it holds the house for?

Its €5000 and I think they hold it for 21 days
I was in the RDS yesterday at Eddie Hobbs thing I got some advice they says its 21 days to hold a deposit and if the terms are you have to sell your house first, get it in writing.

Hi,
Just reading some of your replies. Roseberry Hill is about 10 mins walk from the train station - this adds a lot of value. Theres are cheaper houses on the market- but you do pay extra for being beside a train station.
You'll get extras in some other new estates( ie tiling) , but if you get something free theres usually a catch - like their parking may be awful.
Some other adverts i've seen have big allowances - and when you ask the agent you find out that the wardrobes and kitchen units have to come out of it! Maybe that was an unusual case but carfeul what agents promise you!
Enjoy the house hunting!

Roseberry Hill seems great beside the trains etc Im just so on sure about it as I work in Dublin, Harolds Cross so the train isnt that near me , but would be grand for my boyfriend as hes in Bluebell could then get a Luas.
I have to sell my house so dont know how thats going to go the way the market is. I pulled out of the property we had on hold I wonder will the houses in Roseberry sell quick and was I mad to pull out. Thanks

Hi,
Just reading some of your replies. Roseberry Hill is about 10 mins walk from the train station - this adds a lot of value. Theres are cheaper houses on the market- but you do pay extra for being beside a train station.
You'll get extras in some other new estates( ie tiling) , but if you get something free theres usually a catch - like their parking may be awful.
Some other adverts i've seen have big allowances - and when you ask the agent you find out that the wardrobes and kitchen units have to come out of it! Maybe that was an unusual case but carfeul what agents promise you!
Enjoy the house hunting!

Thanks Daithi. We're probably going to go and have another look at some stage this week.

I just got this bit of info from an architect anyone buying Timber framed house bare this in mind,Timber houses in long run will have too be maintained more , it would have too be checked every two years, construction people here tend too take short cuts and if thay they do, the wood will rot, if they make any mistake, shell be screwed, the timber would have too be class a fire rated too, and all the joints in the wood would have too be perfet or they would crack, and shed have too make sure the sound and thermal insulation are doen too the highest quality, and if they make any sort of mistake with even the foudations you would be screwed too.

?
I understand the concerns about timber frames, but I don't think your architect was telling you the full story . I asked a huge amount of questions before i went with timber framed.
-timber frames are pre made in factories to avoid any errors and enforce standards
- if you use bad material for anything then there will be trouble
- by long term i think your architect friend was talking extremely long term, - don't know where he came up with the checking every 2 years.
- they're not a fire hazard
All the new houses we looked at were timber framed. The builders like them as the shell goes up so quick, and less labour costs.
If your foundations aren't perfect , you're screwed anyway. And should shoot the surveyor.
I think you should have a look on the web for more info, on this forum and the boards.ie forum I think have loads of info.

Went down again today. We're putting a deposit down on one of the three bed mid-terraced houses with a completion date of February next year.

I just got this bit of info from an architect anyone buying Timber framed house bare this in mind,Timber houses in long run will have too be maintained more , it would have too be checked every two years, construction people here tend too take short cuts and if thay they do, the wood will rot, if they make any mistake, shell be screwed, the timber would have too be class a fire rated too, and all the joints in the wood would have too be perfet or they would crack, and shed have too make sure the sound and thermal insulation are doen too the highest quality, and if they make any sort of mistake with even the foudations you would be screwed too.

Sounds like more smear campaigning by the Irish concrete industry. Alledgedly misinformation spread by certain unscrupulous types associated with the 'concrete built are better built' fraternity set the Irish timber-frame homes market back by years in the 80s. Like yer man Daithi said, maybe a little more research might balance things out a bit. Note you'll find it hard to find a concrete-built house in North America!

Hi I know you have put down a depsoit on the property - just thought I would add that it's a top estate and very nice area, nice people, great for if you want kids.

I just think it's a bit expensive in these current times but as formerly mentioned it is near the station - a big bonus. I think the agent has a cheek sticking the price up, it could be just to get people on board as buyers waver. Buyers are nervous as the news keeps changing daily about property, the developes seem to forget that you can pull out within 21 days if you feel you have been pushed into it or see something else you prefer.

On the commute side, don't contemplate driving to Dublin it will be problematic for along time to come, either get the bus or train. There maybe a bus that goes via stephens green along the SCR so you could get off along that route.

for that money you would get a 3 bed semi in Naas...

better town in my opinion

Have you seen the houses in Roseberry Hill?
What development in Naas are you comparing it with?
Roseberry Hill is a excellent development. The houses are nice, spacious and the site is close to the train station and within 10 minutes (if you are willing to take back road) to the M7. From there, Citywest can be reached in less then 20 minutes.
While Naas might be closer to the city, I do not see any estate/development that could compare to Roseberry Hill.

In fairness Reg, he never said anything about 'developments', and he is not talking about comparing Roseberry Hill with anywhere else. He is just stating that he feels Naas is a better town to live in. Both towns have their own pros and cons, and I'm sure there's plenty of folks in both that can't figure out why anyone would want to live in the other... Naas main street is certainly nicer than Newbridge's, but not having a train station is a big drawback for many. Everyone to their own!

In fairness Reg, he never said anything about 'developments', and he is not talking about comparing Roseberry Hill with anywhere else. He is just stating that he feels Naas is a better town to live in. Both towns have their own pros and cons, and I'm sure there's plenty of folks in both that can't figure out why anyone would want to live in the other... Naas main street is certainly nicer than Newbridge's, but not having a train station is a big drawback for many. Everyone to their own!
saved me the bother of the reply, thanks

Back