Roseberry Hill Newbridge

I think what Reg was trying to impart was that although one of the contributors thinks that the money would be 'better spent ' in Naas, the finish/location/ amenity of the houses in Roseberry Hill should be taken into account when comparing the two.

Quite relevant to the OP's query IMO.

I have not seen the houses in Roseberry hill, but I know someone who has and lives nearby in College Farm. He was actually on the RTE show about them. He was not overly impressed with the layout of the houses down there and thought value for money wasn't great.

If I had to live in Newbridge I'd choose somewhere out the Kilcullen Road towards Athgarvan.

hello,

Roseberry Hill is a nice estate and well located in terms of access to the town and train station etc.

The houses are lovely, and it does appear to be maturing into a good estate.

Best of luck

Last edited:
I'm not sure what he means by "the layout of the houses" but one of the big reasons I went with Roseberry Hill is the 3 bed mid/end of terraced houses have dual aspect kitchens and living rooms. Very good use of space.

Please read the posting guidelines and restrict comments to what its like to live in this development.

aj
(moderator)

Hi all,

I must say this website is so helpful. I am thinking of purchasing a house there in the next couple of days. I have been talking to the agent and will be going to view soon by reading some of the comments I am in 2 minds. I was hoping you could answer some of my queries such as :
1)Does the houses come finished to a high standard with tiles finished and kitchen appliances eg cooker fridge etc or what is the deal?
2)I have been reading about a council estate which will not be far away from the property is this true?
3)Does any of you commute to dublin, i work in baggot street, do you think this journey everyday is possible by train??

Sorry for all the questions, i am not familiar with Newbridge and would like any advice possible!!

Hope to hear from you.

xxx

Hi all,

I must say this website is so helpful. I am thinking of purchasing a house there in the next couple of days. I have been talking to the agent and will be going to view soon by reading some of the comments I am in 2 minds. I was hoping you could answer some of my queries such as :
1)Does the houses come finished to a high standard with tiles finished and kitchen appliances eg cooker fridge etc or what is the deal?
2)I have been reading about a council estate which will not be far away from the property is this true?
3)Does any of you commute to dublin, i work in baggot street, do you think this journey everyday is possible by train??

Sorry for all the questions, i am not familiar with Newbridge and would like any advice possible!!

Hope to hear from you.

xxx

I can answer 1 and 2 here

As far as I know, in phase two, there are no kitchen appliances included apart from the extractor hood. The kitchen units come supplied (there's a choice of 5 finishes). The fireplace surrond is included too, but not the fire itself. There is a tiling allowance of 700 euro in the three bed houses, it might be higher for the larger houses, I'm not sure.

The council estate is built (IIRC, it's mostly social but some affordable too), not sure when people are moving in. It's located on the road out from Newbridge town to Roseberry Hill. There is a field in between the estate and Roseberry Hill, which I think is earmarked for a school in the next 2-3 years.

Hi there,

Like Plant43 said ...

You could commute to work by combination of train/luas/bus. Trains take approx 40 mins to get into Heuston. You should expect a higher frequency when Kildare route project (railway expansion) is finished. Although the railway will not extend to Newbridge, the trains from Newbridge into town will be on a seperate line to the new suburban commuter rail link.

I work in Citywest, but a few months back I was on a training course in the IFSC. From door to door was less than 1 hour

Went out to Roseberry Hill yesterday to look at the houses.. Got there at 4pm but there was nobody around to show the houses and the showhouses were not open. They look lovely from the outside and I had a look in the sitting room windows and the layout looks great. The reason I went out to look at the houses was because I had come across Roseberry Hill when I looked on myhome.ie and saw this
[broken link removed]=

Has anybody been out to look at the houses lately?? Im really interested in this development.

Has anybody been out to look at the houses lately?? Im really interested in this development.
Hi, they never seem to open the showhouses on bank holiday weekends. It would be helpful if they told people this though!

@plant43. I am not sure of the type of houses I saw. One was a 3 bed (it had a kitchen worktop in the middle of the kitchen which i really liked the look of) and the other was a 4 bed.. Both Semi Detached. I could find the type S house that was advertised on the link I sent in my original post.

@DaithiOg. Yeah it is very strange that the showhouses were not open. I would have thought that would be the perfect weekend to have them open. I went to see about 12 different housing developments over the weekend and Roseberry Hills was the only one that didnt have their showrooms open

Well I went back out Roseberry Hill today and got to see inside the houses.

They are lovely. I was really tempted to put a deposit down.

Then we left and drove down by where the social housing is. There is tons of apartments built there. Almost 200.

I know it sounds snobish and I really dont mean to be but the reason I want to move out of my current house is because of the terrible anti social behaviour coming from the council estate beside us for the last few years.

Am I going to be going from the frying pan and into the fire if I move to Roseberry Hill?

I know you can have trouble no matter where you live but maybe I am better looking for a house in a mature estate.

I dont know what to do.

Then we left and drove down by where the social housing is. There is tons of apartments built there. Almost 200.
I dont know what to do.

Hi Gazzer,
I'm living here and at the moment as far as I know there are no issues. The development you drove by today is social and affordable housing mixed. Its not just the duplex apts in et, theres houses too. BTW they look to be built to a very high standard- all with there own back gardens too. You can drive around the back of that development and look from the other side( when coming from newbridge, go by newbridge college, skip the roseberry hill turn and take the next left) you can view it from that side too.
Suffice to say that as there is no one living there at the moment you can't tell what that estate is going to be like! But this conversation happened a long time a go on this website. You won't find it on the neighbours.ie site- I think if you search in the archive of the aam site re roseberry hill you will find it. Also here is a link to a future map of the area pulled together from the various planning permissions.

afaik, you can just do your research on a new estate, and hope it turns out well. If there are any probs the area you mentioned is some distance away. Plus I don't really believe there will be very serious problems just because the council has funded the building of that estate - councils rent multiple houses in settled estates too I believe.
HTH

There's no difference now in private estates and council estates. In my experience older council estates have a high precentage of onwer occupiers giving them a settled feel, where as private estates have a high precentage of investors and some houses own by the council, so lots of rented properties. Roseberry wouldn't be the side of Newbridge I prefer, I think out the Athgarvin road is best.

Back