Roches Stores

But it's not going into liquidation. It's being sold as a going concern. I'd imagine they'll be keeping the name too.

What they do with the stock will probably be influenced by that decision, if they don't keep the name and rebrand to Debenhams then presumably they might want to stock the normal lines they carry in their other stores and might sell off stock cheap to make room for it.

Dont think they wil use the roches name when there own name is successful! (Debenhams)

Have heard that they plan on bringing their own clothing ranges in and will not be carrying a nursery section or toys hence the sale of only certain ranges.

Have to say am sorry to see Roches go, I always liked the shops, good range and pretty reasonable as well.

I bought a lot of Le Creuset pots in UK at fabulous prices. If you're ever flying into Stanstead check out Braintree Freeport Designer Outlet. Le Creuset have a store there and you can get pots at GREAT prices and in every possible colour imaginable - they currently have lilac colour but I went for the original Volcanic Orange - guessing it won't be discontinued any time soon!

http://www.freeportplc.com/braintree/

There is a Le Creuset outlet store in The Kildare Village outlet complex.

I was in Roches Tralee on Thursday and it was just one of the normal sales, nothing extra off in nursery. I was was hoping to buy a reduced priceed car seat

Dunno about that. The Roches names has great customer loyalty.

Roches have been losing money so they might have customer loyalty but those customers were not spending much. Debehams will be using their own name. They have basically bought the entire retail business for 29m (Mainly value of stock I would imagine) and will be renting the premises from Roches.

Part of the deal is they CANNOT use the Roches name.

Don't think they've been losing money (Roches).

The way I read the news story was that they paid EUR29million PLUS value of stock for the business.

Part of the deal is they CANNOT use the Roches name.

Don't think they've been losing money (Roches).

The way I read the news story was that they paid EUR29million PLUS value of stock for the business.

First bit is true, second bit is definately false and I'm not sure about the 3rd bit.

the Roches store in Wilton cork is having a huge sale. In fact most stuff was gone ina day. 30 to 40% off as M&S are taking this store and wanted it totally empty asap.

I was in Roches Blanchardstown, buying a number of items from home dept. and the shop asssitant told me because of the take over (news to me) they were due a sale.

Needless to say I didn't buy everything and she said ring in the next two weeks and Roches would tell me what date the sale is happening (that soon, yes), I should have taken her name because I have rang three times since and the assistants on the phone sound confused, disagree and tell me there is no sale due!! ?

Have they been told to deny the sale date to the general public and will announce the sale via advert or are they being awkward?

Thanks,

F

eh, anyone knows what will happen to roches stores gift vouchers? i've about 90e worth, suppose i'll have to use them before the switch or would debenhams take them over as part of the deal? have to keep an eye on the sales so.

The assistant in Limk told me that the change-over was on the 6th of Sept. She also said that the staff were only informed on the morning of the working day what goods were to be puy on sale.

We set up a wedding list in Roches a few weeks ago. Does anyone know if the buy out will effect this

no, debenhams will handle that for you until next july also. there is a sign at most counters to that effect.

Morning All,

Does anyone know what date the Roches in Blanchardstown is having their sale?

Thanks,

F

Back