Rise of extremist politics

[QUOTE="Purple, post: 1642092, member: 114"
It's a pity Labour are so inept and badly led. They should be occupying the left with FG slightly right of centre and FF slightly left of it as was always the case before.
[/QUOTE]
Labour just after making a statement to the press with there new red line word for word below
Landlords would be prevented from seeking a Month's rent as a deposit when new tenants move in under plans being proposed by the Labour Party,
Is this the kind of parties you admire ,:)

Labour just after making a statement to the press with there new red line word for word below
Landlords would be prevented from seeking a Month's rent as a deposit when new tenants move in under plans being proposed by the Labour Party,
Is this the kind of parties you admire ,:)
I don't admire them but they don't murder children.

I don't admire them but they don't murder children.
Well we have something in common,
Having lost a child to cancer at the hight of the troubles up North after a ten years battle losing limb after limb ,
I used to get very angry hearing about the loss of limbs not to mention the needless loss of life for nothing,

The political parties down South have a lot to answer to the people on Northern Ireland And UK for the needless loss of life

lots of these bombings would never have happened if the people who carried them out did not have a safe BOMBERS HEAVEN COURTESY OF THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND I will let you figure out who was in charge down hear just to help out it was not SF,

You said you were going back 40 years It was only after the needless loss of life in the Dublin and Monaghan bombings in May 1974 a very small step was taken down south,

Sorry about the rant I hold very strong feelings on the Issue , I don't like getting lectures from supporters of parties who could have done more to save limbs and life in NI and UK and indeed in the south,

All the Political Parties Down South Could have done a lot more when it came to NI,

Last edited:
I completely agree Josh. FF were trying to hold onto the republican vote and so did far less than they could or should have done.

I completely agree Josh. FF were trying to hold onto the republican vote and so did far less than they could or should have done.
Thanks purple
I am angry with all the political parties down south,
Your not exactly correct Jack Lynch and Liam Cosgrave pushing hard to make changes they were held back by the TDs in both parties when it came to NI
When FG came to power 1973 there leader had the same problems as FF getting all of there TDs to back there leader when it came to NI,
There was good and bad eggs in both Parties when it came to NI,
It is the reason I hope to see the day both will work together and form a government I vote for both but as I said half of my vote Will not count seeing the don't go into government together,
I remember Aldert Reynolds the FF leader saying who is afraid of peace?
I remember John Brution of FG saying I am sick of answering questions about the Fuci?? Peace Process Which he later Apologised for, but it sent out a message of how some leaders/parties viewed NI down south,

Last edited:
I think SF's border poll will lose much of whatever support it has as the economic reality of taking on NI is presented to people.
NI is a failed economic entity (as CJH said) with a lower income per head than Wales, Scotland or the North of England but has a higher standard of living than any of them because of the transfer it gets. As a friend from West Belfast calls it "The Peace Bribe".

In danger of going badly off topic but to me the one whose hands are most steeped in NI and other blood is CJH. But I do think Michael Martin is a decent skin, pity he has guys like O’Cuiv in his team.

In danger of going badly off topic but to me the one whose hands are most steeped in NI and other blood is CJH. But I do think Michael Martin is a decent skin, pity he has guys like O’Cuiv in his team.
Oh dear what have you got against poor Eamo.

Not the sharpest tool in the box but a decent man and a hardworking public representative

What happened in Northern Ireland was caused by people in Northern Ireland. Yes, there were people from the Republic got involved later. Back in the 1960's it was a tinder box waiting for a spark. The Civil Rights marches were achieving little or nothing. Please don't lay blame on politicians in the Republic. The vast majority of what happened in the North was caused years beforehand north of the border.

Oh dear what have you got against poor Eamo.

Not the sharpest tool in the box but a decent man and a hardworking public representative
Looked up Wiki, you have him spot on. Interesting he supported rejoining the Commonwealth. Just shows, I shouldn’t judge a guy by his jeans.

The Labour party is a joke now. Instead of having new candidates they have failed yesterday candidates running. Emmet Stagg and Joe Costello both are 75 years old and obviously control their local Labour party as personal fiefdoms with no new candidates to be allowed to develop

The Labour party is a joke now. Instead of having new candidates they have failed yesterday candidates running. Emmet Stagg and Joe Costello both are 75 years old and obviously control their local Labour party as personal fiefdoms with no new candidates to be allowed to develop
The Labour party and there first class supporters leeched as much money as the possibly could from Workers in the private sector, until There support fell to around 6%
I hope there support will be lower after the next election,
Not a peep out of Joan Burtan about the pension fiasco She was in that department until the Labour Party was removed from power ,

Joan Burtan seen/took around 20% of of private sector payroll in PRSI A1, SHE had no problem taking part in the unfair treatment of private sector workers,
If you have a brain in your head never ever vote for the most two faced party since the foundation of this State,

The labour party and there Unions Supporters leeched as much as the possibly can off the private sector Workers and given as little as possible back,

If Pensions were touched in the public sector Labour and the Unions would be shouting from the roof tops,

Just so I make Myself clear I hate Public sector Bashing ,You will travel a long way before you will find a Public servant/Civil servant who agrees With the disgraceful action By the labour Party against one section of the workforce,

Just pointing out IF you are in the private sector there is no point in Voting Labour and if you voted for labour in the past you were voted to be a Second Class supporter,

Last edited:

The Social Democrats seem to be running 'new' Labour candidates, if you know what I mean.

Just so I make Myself clear I hate Public sector Bashing ,You will travel a long way before you will find a Public servant/Civil servant who agrees With the disgraceful action By the labour Party against one section of the workforce,
Most people think they are entitled to what they get. If I was a public servant I'd be voting for Labour with second preference for FF as Labour is a creature of the Public Sector Unions and FF have populism in their blood. I wouldn't vote for SF, even though they will throw money at the Public Sector, as they have blood on their hands.

Yep, Spring chickens like Róisín Shortall, a baby at 66 years old.

I more had in mind Cian O'Callaghan, Garry Gannon etc, will be interesting to see if they make a breakthrough.
Especially if Gary Gannon got in ahead of Joe Costello.

Most people think they are entitled to what they get. If I was a public servant I'd be voting for Labour with second preference for FF as Labour is a creature of the Public Sector Unions and FF have populism in their blood. I wouldn't vote for SF, even though they will throw money at the Public Sector, as they have blood on their hands.

1. Labour a creature of the Public Sector:- True up to 20 years ago. Since then the Labour Party is receiving less and less monetary contributions from the trade unions. Even when I left the workforce 2 years ago the unions contribution to Labour was pretty low.

2. If there is one political party that has most influence in the staff of Public/Civil Service it's Fianna Fáil. I can say this having worked most of my life in the civil/public service where every FF hack was visible and spent more time at the village pump than the Healy-Raes.

3. SF has blood on it hands:- I don't care what it has on its hands as long as if they take part in government (i) They run the economy of Rep of Ireland Ltd fairly and squarely. (ii) The housing crisis is tackled properly (iii) Crime controlled and I don't care how they do it (iv) Make Homelessness history (v) Hand back contributions of USC (Universal Social Charge) to us from where it was stolen some years ago to alleviate the recession problems. (vi) Tackle the crazy retirement issues that have popped up relatively recently. (vii) Introduce a fair 3rd Level Grant System.(viii) Spread what wealth is there and not confine it to Dublin.

Last edited:
(iii) Crime controlled and I don't care how they do it

Sinn Fein's history would suggest they may seek to control crime much like a dictator does. Drug dealing, murder, extortion, ATM theft, fuel laundering, etc., are all bad unless of course carried out by their own supporters in which case it is to be encouraged.

(iv) Make Homelessness history

That's like expecting a government to deliver world peace.

(v) Hand back contributions of USC (Universal Social Charge) to us from where it was stolen some years ago to alleviate the recession problems.

Again, Sinn Fein's history in the councils they've controlled in the north suggest they raise such taxes, not reduce them.

1. Labour a creature of the Public Sector:- True up to 20 years ago. Since then the Labour Party is receiving less and less monetary contributions from the trade unions. Even when I left the workforce 2 years ago the unions contribution to Labour was pretty low.

2. If there is one political party that has most influence in the staff of Public/Civil Service it's Fianna Fáil. I can say this having worked most of my life in the civil/public service where every FF hack was visible and spent more time at the village pump than the Healy-Raes.

3. SF has blood on it hands:- I don't care what it has on its hands as long as if they take part in government (i) They run the economy of Rep of Ireland Ltd fairly and squarely. (ii) The housing crisis is tackled properly (iii) Crime controlled and I don't care how they do it (iv) Make Homelessness history (v) Hand back contributions of USC (Universal Social Charge) to us from where it was stolen some years ago to alleviate the recession problems. (vi) Tackle the crazy retirement issues that have popped up relatively recently. (vii) Introduce a fair 3rd Level Grant System.(viii) Spread what wealth is there and not confine it to Dublin.
The Shinners have put the capital A into auction politics.
The will, according to the populist lies they are spouting;
  • Take everyone on under €30,000 a year out of the USC net.
  • Abolish property tax
  • employ an extra 1000 gardai
  • end homelessness (The Labour Party say that will cost €15 billion and they are the only party with a costed plan)
  • Open up all the primary care health centres and fill all open positions in the HSE (1500 jobs to staff the primary care centres and god only knows how many are vacant in the HSE). In order to fill those positions they will have to give across the board pay increases. That alone will cost upwards of a billion a year, every year.
  • Reduce the retirement age back to 65, aslo costing billions (as if we haven't screwed over our children and grandchildren enough already.
Their commitments are utterly impossible to meet and anyone voting for them on the basis of what they are saying they will do is both delusional and an idiot.
If FF and FG keep arguing like teenage girls for the rest of the election campaign they will continue to give the Shinners aa free ride. That would be an appalling disservice to the people of Ireland as it would let the political front of a UK based terrorist organisation become king makers in our parliament.

Laper
All public sector workers since 1995 and private sector workers 2 million of them now were the only people caught for a USC type untill the TROIKA put an end to it and made everyone pay there fair share,
IF you Google
PRSI RATES 2009
SW 14 should come up when you open it go down to PRSI A1 for 2009 it was 9% Employee,10.75% Employer total from payroll 19.75% up to 75K per year
Google
PRSI RATES 2010 you will still see it is 19.75% of payroll
Google
PRSI RATES 2011 You Will see it now is 14.75 % Employee 4% employers 10.75% (USC for the Golden Circle Came In):)
You must be a Public service D stamp who never seen an USC type payment until the TROIKA sorted it out,;)

Next time you meet your post 1995 PRSI A I comrades or FF HACK tell then you thought you should be getting USC back now looks like you Leper are part of the golden circle When The :confused: the rest of us , (some are still confused by the look of things:)

The likes of Poor Purple and Myself We are regarded as second class supporters who have to give our masters over 19.75% of payroll and work a few extra years longer if we loose our job we get less per week than we payed in payroll prsi so leper can stay part of the FF/FG/LAB Golden Circle,;);)

Good for you once FF/FG/LAB can convince josh8267 and purple types into thinking they are a first class no 1 voter you will be ok,;)

Last edited:
Back