Revolut launch instant access savings account 2%-3.49% Less Fees

In fairness you could google any bank/payment company and find similar stories.

Hasn't there been horror stories about Traderepublic posted here?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by the 22k is where it pays off?

Also whats the difference between this and the fleixible savings accounts paying interest that were already an option?
The 22K is the approximate point at which the Premium account option pays for itself.

The free flexible account has still a higher return than the free savings account, after factoring in service fees and exit tax/dirt

0​
0​
2%​
€ 440​
€ 440​
8.99​
107.88​
2.50%​
€ 550.00​
€ 442.12​
15.99​
191.88​
3%​
€ 660​
€ 468​
55​
660​
3.49%​
€ 767.80​
€ 107.80​

How is the Revolut Savings account setup? I don't see any option to create one - Their help online states 'Go to Savings section'. Under 'Accounts'. I don't see that section.:confused:

How is the Revolut Savings account setup? I don't see any option to create one - Their help online states 'Go to Savings section'. Under 'Accounts'. I don't see that section.:confused:
Click on Accounts and then Savings and investments

Attachments

• IMG_2181.jpeg
    IMG_2181.jpeg
    811.1 KB · Views: 46
Nope
I don't see Flexible Accounts either (what are they?)
Add new shows...
Currency account
Pockets
Joint
Pro
Credit
<18 account
Linked account

Is it dependant on already having investment accounts or something....

Thanks @theresa1 ! I see it now.....!

Pity they didn't send a notification about an update being required before the feature was available. Nothing on the media reports/press releases either :rolleyes:

In fairness you could google any bank/payment company and find similar stories.

Not sure about payment companies, but you would be really stupid to put large amounts of money with Revolut.

If something goes wrong, you simply cannot resolve the issue.

AIB and BoI make mistakes and you might have to wait half an hour on the phone to get through, but you will get through and you will get it resolved.

Brendan

Not sure about payment companies, but you would be really stupid to put large amounts of money with Revolut.

If something goes wrong, you simply cannot resolve the issue.

AIB and BoI make mistakes and you might have to wait half an hour on the phone to get through, but you will get through and you will get it resolved.

Brendan
Folks,

I'm a Metal card holder (makes sense for the FT, Car Rental and I was doing a lot of FX transactions in the last year). I'm not sure if the customer service is better for Metal holders but I had an issue with an online payment through Revolut and they immediately answered my message request, specified how I should set up a chargeback and followed through for 4 months until the money was returned. It actually got to the point where the regular updates were becoming annoying to me. It wasn't a lot of money (approx. €55) but I got it back with little effort and excellent customer service.

However, my interactions were all through the app and I used their online systems rather than talked to someone on the phone.

I have some anxiety about savings in Trade Republic, Bunq and probably Revolut when I set it up however, I would prefer my savings to be held in Irish banks but they are really taking the mickey and I refuse to do it.

Best of luck.

When AIB credit card no longer allows free top up to Revolut, bye bye Revolut. Business model is so fragile. AIB could and should shut down this facility in the morning.

Free credit, any amount up to your credit card limit……. To pay your credit card bill or take as cash

Until Revolut decides that you are engaged in some sort of practice that triggers a full account review, because using your revolut account as a way to get cash advance might in their eyes be considered to "only to send money to and receive money from a credit card account" and hence your account might go !

Revolut pays a lot of money if you load your account via a credit card and while they might have not cared in the past, there a quite a lot of people that got their accounts suspended for consistently loading from a credit card only to withdraw the money back to a current account!

Until Revolut decides that you are engaged in some sort of practice that triggers a full account review, because using your revolut account as a way to get cash advance might in their eyes be considered to "only to send money to and receive money from a credit card account" and hence your account might go !

Revolut pays a lot of money if you load your account via a credit card and while they might have not cared in the past, there a quite a lot of people that got their accounts suspended for consistently loading from a credit card only to withdraw the money back to a current account!
Well each to their own, everyone has their reasons for using Revo, and they need accounts, transactions and moulah flowing through the system. They can’t shut it off, like their koolaid, but AIB could send them a nice message. No more free top ups.
On the plus side, with Amazon Ireland coming online in 2025, I’ve no need for Revolut and fx.

2% on an instant access account with real time transfers back into the current account (the revolut main one) is already better than what Irish Banks are offering.

While it does not beat N26 (2.8%) or Bunq (2.46%) the combo of being able to have money earn interest and have immediate access to it with a simple click is best.

Revolut was always the "Amazon" of products, it started as an app on top of 3rd party multi-currency cloud by an UAE service provider, then they added cards by another provider, transfers by another provider etc. All they did was package third party products into a single nice app.

And once they had perfected that, they slowly moved to provide the core banking services themselves from accounts, cards, investments, savings etc. and then after a lot of failed attempts they finally got a banking license for their EU customers.

Now does Revolut have issues with their AI being in charge and humans not even able to overwrite AI decision if it's clear that the decision was wrong (as mentioned in same of the articles posted above), sure. If there are no problems, they are great but if you hit a snag (whatever it is) then customer services are next to useless and the times to get help are outrages.
I don't know about N26 but Bunq and LightYear seem to offer SEPA instant, as does Revolut. So, having your savings in Bunq or LightYear will allow immediate access to funds in your Revolut account while earning you a higher rate.

Back