Revenue has sent you new correspondence... Where?

I got a similar mssage to OP today and sure enough there is nothing in myaccount. I am not in a hurry so will check in a day or two.

I often get this message also but find it annoying in that it does not specify whether it is in "My Account" or ROS. Particularly
as I have 5 ROS accounts for 5 different companies and 2 MyAccounts for which I am responsible.
Why cant the email be specific as to where the correspondence has been sent??
I have the exact same problem - 2 Ros accounts and 1 My account.

What could they put in the email though to identify the source? For the companies they could include the company name but for individuals I assume it's trickier - they cannot include the PPSN and including the name of the individual might not be wise either (in case the email account was accessed by an unauthorized person).

It may be a notification that your Employee Detail Summary (EDS) for last year is now available to generate.

So in my bank account I can see I've received a repayment from Revenue of overpaid taxes for last year.
There's still no correspondence in my online revenue account, or updated statement of liability for 2021 - so that looks like a glitch, but I'm guessing my updated statement of liability should have been there.
When I try to access statement of liability I get a message that they are still processing it.

Checking social media, seems like this has happened to a few ppl.

Last edited:
So in my bank account I can see I've received a repayment from Revenue of overpaid taxes for last year.
There's still no correspondence in my online revenue account, or updated statement of liability for 2021 - so that looks like a glitch, but I'm guessing my updated statement of liability should have been there.
When I try to access statement of liability I get a message that they are still processing it.

Checking social media, seems like this has happened to a few ppl.
I also received the email, no new documents but found tax refund in my bank account this morning.

E-mail arrived to me at 9:20am on 27th, Thursday (yesterday).
Payment into my account on 28th, Friday, (today) visible after midnight last night.

No sign of P21 SoL yet.

Why cant the email be specific as to where the correspondence has been sent??
Not quite the same puzzle as OP but some weeks ago I received an email from Revenue saying my ROS cert would expire and I would be prompted to renew it when I next logged into ROS. I have logged in several times, but get no prompt. I'd rather my cert didn't expire, but the reminder may be about a cert I had before I retired when I was submitting for clients.
A hint in the email as to which cert would be welcome.

As to the worry about scams, if the email isn't including a link to click on I don't think it would be a scam.

So, the updated Statement of Liability has finally appeared in My Documents.

€160 back for remote working expenses, was a bit hassle with the bills and all, but worth it in the end.

Last edited:
Back