Revenue has sent you new correspondence... Where?

odyssey06

I got an email informing me that Revenue has sent me new correspondence "ROS Mail Notification".

Advises me, if a myaccount user, to check My Documents for "Unread Documents".

However when I do so there's nothing there.

There are no links in the email so I don't think it is fradulent.

Anyone else have similar experience?

Make sure you haven't got a filter on the 'My Enquiries' page. Reselect all if necessary.

Yes I have seen this, not convenient to find out what or where to look. You may see Unread items in bold under Inbox, or Revenue Record, in ros.ie
But unless you have raised an enquiry/question yourself you wont see anything in MyEnquiries.

Thanks folks, I'll check back tomorrow and untick any filters. Am hoping it's just a case of the email being faster than the document upload.

I scanned all previous years and there was nothing with a 2022 date of issue.

This has happened before, notification received but no document.

My email is on Gmail and they allow you to put full stops in your email address, e.g. it treats [email protected] and [email protected] as the same.
I could see from the notification that I got from revenue that it was for my email address but missing a dot..

I suspect that another user had entered a "fake" email address.. And it was my one, but missing a dot. So I get their notifications.

Maybe the same happened to you?

This has happened before, notification received but no document.

My email is on Gmail and they allow you to put full stops in your email address, e.g. it treats [email protected] and [email protected] as the same.
I could see from the notification that I got from revenue that it was for my email address but missing a dot..

I suspect that another user had entered a "fake" email address.. And it was my one, but missing a dot. So I get their notifications.

Maybe the same happened to you?
Interesting angle alright... I get that a few random american-set emails for someone with same surname and similar first name, but it's never happened before with something Irish.
I double checked the email and it was for my exact email address.
Hmm.

I often get this message also but find it annoying in that it does not specify whether it is in "My Account" or ROS. Particularly
as I have 5 ROS accounts for 5 different companies and 2 MyAccounts for which I am responsible.
Why cant the email be specific as to where the correspondence has been sent??

You could examine the email message header to see exactly where it originated

You could examine the email message header to see exactly where it originated
It all seems to check out as revenue.ie originating.
There's no links in the email so doesn't seem to be an attempt at misdirection.

Has happened it before where I got the notification and there was nothing. The interest on my tax bill is probably scary at this stage!

Just looking at the address displayed in the message is meaningless, you have to dig down into the actual message header. How you do this will depend on your email software

Anybody can send a message with "[email protected]" in the From: description

Just looking at the address displayed in the message is meaningless, you have to dig down into the actual message header. How you do this will depend on your email software

Anybody can send a message with "[email protected]" in the From: description
Looks legit?

ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 137.191.241.164 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=[email protected];
dmarc=pass (p=NONE sp=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=revenue.ie
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from jnrd-smtp-1.revenue.ie (jnrd-smtp-1.revenue.ie. [137.191.241.164])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id e14si17248122wre.499.2022.01.27.02.52.50

Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 137.191.241.164 as permitted sender) client-ip=137.191.241.164;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 137.191.241.164 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=[email protected];
dmarc=pass (p=NONE sp=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=revenue.ie

Back