Renting my home short term, seeking advice on where to find tenants

I would see if you can find someone who works in your target companies who can either get you the name of the correct contact in HR or ability to post on internal noticeboards, slack channels etc. You probably might be able to find someone in your contacts who has a contact there I bet - Ireland def feels that small sometimes! Or even just call into reception with a letter or note with the details and see if the reception team will pass it on. I have also seen more and more ads on the local FB pages where I live.

My apologies. I don't know why, I thought that for housing authority and schemes, they needed to be wired. My mistake, I don't know where I got that from. Of course, if 10 years battery one suits, my remark is irrelevant.
Smoke alarms etc have to be wired, least in Co Longford under tge RAS scheme.

Don't know why you are avoiding daft. Its the main website renters use.

You could try local employers also.

Be aware that 3 months into your lease you'll have to give 3 months notice to quit.

Another thought is to offer it to RedCross for Ukrainian refugees. You'll have to agree to 6 months, so you might be couch surfing for a few weeks. The benefit is that the accomodation payment is tax free, so effectively worth €1600 before tax. They dont acquire tenants rights & you dont have to faff about with RTB and tax returns.
Thanks for this, I had dismissed the idea of the Red Cross as the last Id heard is that the government were offering 800 per house per month which is way below market value. But 1,600 certainly more attractive and there would be no need to spend on letting agents fees. Only problem might be I am not connected by proper public transport, you need a car to live here. I'll still look in to it, otherwise do you know if the house owner has any control on the tenants or is it just take what they send there?

Note: the 800 is tax free. Thats why I say its effectively the same as getting 1600 before tax.

More importantly from your point of view they dont acquire rights of residency.

Talk to the red cross about their process for more info

My apologies. I don't know why, I thought that for housing authority and schemes, they needed to be wired. My mistake, I don't know where I got that from. Of course, if 10 years battery one suits, my remark is irrelevant.
I think there was a thread on here not so long ago where a poster said their inspector told them the 10 year battery ones were not acceptable... I'll look it up later if I get time.

Thats a really good idea, thanks. That profile of tenant would be my number 2 pick after someone from a MNC needing short term accomodation. Any ideas how to tap that market, like if I send emails to the general email address of big pharma companies in my area I doubt the right person will ever see them. I wonder do they use letting agents or how do they find places for employees
Ring HR of the companies you want to target. Multi nationals all have intranet systems where stuff like this is put up for employees to see.

Ring HR of the companies you want to target. Multi nationals all have intranet systems where stuff like this is put up for employees to see.
Thanks, will spend some time doing this early next week. Tenants from an MNC would be ideal rather than selecting from lots of Daft replies

It ain't all that

MNCs will not be interested in something that only runs for 5 months

Best bet is local estate agent who knows the area.

No sooner the tenant moves in
Hell be moving out again

MNCs will not be interested in something that only runs for 5 months
And even the mid-sized ones like where I work will not deal with individuals. We regularly source temporary accommodation for new-hires coming from abroad, but will only deal with approved agencies.

Imagine being doorstepped by a journalist next autumn and being asked "why are you throwing a refugee family out onto the street?".
I agree.

Given the risks and rewards I would advise the OP to find a friend or family member to take it on a caretaker basis.

The rental market is tight everywhere and OP will have no problem finding someone.

OP here just said Id come back and update the thread. I got the house rented via an agent to a civil engineering company who will place three of their engineers in it while they work on a major project locally. While nothing in this is guaranteed my mind is more put at ease renting to a company than a family for fear they would refuse be able to move at the end of the lease. While that could happen with a company it is less likely they would get into an overholding scenario. This company rents several houses around the country so could move employees about as needed. Anyway thanks for all the help and advice, it is much appreciated.

Back