Rent tax credit : €500 from 2022 i.e. this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2022 return seems to have submitted (shows up as pending waiting on Revenue to review/process) with the rental credit attached.

It's a bit crazy that every renter is going to have to submit a return for 2022. I'm hoping that by putting my expected end of tenancy date in the future, the credit might automatically show up for 2023 without me needing to claim it separately.

Thanks. I will try again and see what happens

This is the banner Revenue have across the top of the page:
RevenueMessage.png

Is this available for 2022 tax returns in form 11? I started already and not sure if it will appear when I edit my tax return or if I have to delete and start from scratch but I can't see any relevant field under ros.ie while completing form 11 online.

Is there any way of checking if a tenancy that ended mid-2022 was registered, and what the number was? We rented for half the year but I forget if we ever got a letter that we were registered and if we did, we lost it. I searched the RTB website but it’s not there (not surprisingly since it ended 6 months ago)

Is the renters credit up to €500 credit? What if you were renting for a few weeks? Does that credit still apply?
Also as it is a tax credit over the year it would be €9.16 per week or could be less so does not seem alot in the scheme of things.

Cost based, not time based. Up for €2500 a year gross per claimant. Certainly more significant than the e-working credits.

So if a person only paid €500 in rent in 2022 what credit would they be allowed to apply for? Assume it would not be €500 renters credit but maybe they get €5 back?

This tax credit field just got added to Form 11 for Tax Year 2022. And still I couldn't figure out what and how to write to RTB registration number as mine doesn't fit in there.

My Tenant sent me a photograph of the form which showed that it was the property ID for the LPT that was being looked for and not the RTB registration number

Hi All

We have 2 kids in student accommodation - presume we can claim 500 for both of them?

While most of our income is PAYE, I am self employed for one of my jobs so submit a Form 11 every year. To make things easier and faster, I'm wondering can my son and daughter apply for the credit on their myAccount even though we would have paid it?

Thanks

Hi All

We have 2 kids in student accommodation - presume we can claim 500 for both of them?

While most of our income is PAYE, I am self employed for one of my jobs so submit a Form 11 every year. To make things easier and faster, I'm wondering can my son and daughter apply for the credit on their myAccount even though we would have paid it?

Thanks
If they are in "approved" courses then it looks like you can claim the credits. See here - including the "Further Guidance" document linked at the end of the page.

To make things easier and faster, I'm wondering can my son and daughter apply for the credit on their myAccount even though we would have paid it?
Its a tax credit, so there is only a benefit if they actually pay tax!
Otherwise, you should claim it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back