Recommend senior counsel

Zeus2020

Can anybody recommend a senior Barrister that deals with complex repossession orders on land and house either in Dublin or limerick it’s an old endowment mortgage the person has died he payed back 157000 on a 57000 loan and now vulture fund are looking for 100000 more and have an order to foreclose if his beneficiaries don’t pay the whole thing we do have a solicitor and junior counsel but we keep getting conflicted advice I just like a person that deal with these kind of cases to go through it all and give us up to date advice before it’s too late

Hugh O'Keefe is an expert in property law and an excellent senior counsel. I've never used him and for disclosure we were in the same class in school.

he payed back 157000 on a 57000 loan and now vulture fund are looking for 100000
Make sure you get a barrister who understands compound interest and that this is perfectly normal on a loan over a long period of time

I would suggest that you post some of the dates and interest rates here and if they are correct, as I suspect, then you don't need counsel's opinion. You just need to repay the loan.

Brendan

Thanks for replies the thing is we don’t have any records of interest the solicitor has said he has some from 93 to 2008 but not from then on he did mention getting a forensic accountant but did not follow through we have no problem paying but it was a Irish nationwide loan so we are a bit dubious as they did have a tendency to overcharge

Hi Brendan thank you from reply we have records of what was replayed from 2008 to 2014 but pepper don’t the only records they have is from 2014 to present day will attach what I have and if you have a look and say all is fine then I will accept

Back