AIB Recognising Brendan's contribution to the AIB Prevailing Rate Campaign

Donation just made, wish I could have donated more but we were in overdraft so cheque helped so much. Thanks Brendan.

Donation also made...thank you so much for all your hard work. It has meant the world to us. Would like to be able to donate more at a later date. Really can never thank you enough for all you have done for everyone.

Donation made, thank you Brendan & Co. for everything. Would hope to make a further donation at a later stage.

Thank you Brendan, I cannot overstate how much both you and all those on ask about money.com have helped us

Donation made just now. Thank you so much for all of your work to get us where we are Brendan.

Hi Brendan, just made a donation. Once again thank you so much for all your knowledge, diligence and competence. You have provided extraordinary guidance!

Thank you all for your generous gifts.

28 people have contributed a total of €10,900 with amounts ranging from €100 to €1,500.

So the account stands as follows:

So far, two public collections have made proposals for acquisitions of work by living artists. We need a bit more to pay for those proposals.

Brendan

Guys

If I am honest, I think it's disgraceful the little amount of money that people on this site have donated to Brendan's Art fund.

Approx. 11k donated thus far, 28 people.

Nearly 6000.00 people benefited from Brendan's work and only 28 people pay, that's so wrong

In my opinion, I would have thought the fund should be up around 100k, say 200 people at 500.00.

Come on guys think about it.

Guys

If I am honest, I think it's disgraceful the little amount of money that people on this site have donated to Brendan's Art fund.

Nearly 6000.00 people benefited from Brendan's work and only 28 people pay, that's so wrong

In my opinion, I would have thought the fund should be up around 100k, say 200 people at 500.00.

Have you considered people may have only recently received payment forms or may need to wait for cheques to clear?
We only received a payment form yesterday and will contribute sometime in the next 3 weeks.

Have you considered people may have only recently received payment forms or may need to wait for cheques to clear?
We only received a payment form yesterday and will contribute sometime in the next 3 weeks.

Yes, I agree, there is still people waiting on cheques/monies and they will donate when they receive same, but a lot of people have received monies

Guys

Fair play Balfour, it needed to be said.

People will continue to drop by here waiting for Brendan's next move on this and the man owes us nothing. In fact, I don't fully understand why he does what he does, but he does and we all benefit. Even the art fund is like circular altruism. There are very few people who would not do this for at least some personal financial gain.

@MrCat is correct also, it probably will tick along to some degree over the next while but you would have hoped for greater traction at the start.

Last edited:
Id say the vast majority of the 5,900 have no idea of the work put in by Brendan and the original committee however there was a group of 200 originally and if I'm not mistaken 80 chipped in for the senior council in 2018.

There's no excuse for those people not to contribute

Guys

Spot on Balfour. Knowing how much work Brendan did behind the scenes, the €500 is cheap considering what someone working on this nearly 7 years would charge! And knowing the man himself, he would not expect the full €500 if people were financially stretched but those who have received their cheques already and haven't made the contribution yet really should donate something.

Id say the vast majority of the 5,900 have no idea of the work put in by Brendan and the original committee however there was a group of 200 originally and if I'm not mistaken 80 chipped in for the senior council in 2018.

There's no excuse for those people not to contribute

It was 65 Mark and the logic in that collection was it was €200 from the €1615 we got from the bank back then. I emailed everyone on the mailing list last week so that's why I was surprised at the low number so far

Thank You Brendan for all your work and your generosity to artists.
Donation made ☆♡☆

Payment made. Thank you to Brendan and his support team here for their dedication, persistence and patience. Take a bow one all all.

What mailing list is that?

When the cheque comes in we'll certainly be making a donation.
In 2018 a group of us here put in €200 each towards the opinion of a senior council in advance of a potential high court case.

The comms at the time was done via email. There was an email sent last week pointing to this thread.

I'm really surprised that everyone on that list hasn't donated as they'd have been fully aware of the effort to that point alone

I've already donated but just an idea I was buying some raffle tickets today for Crumlin Childrens hosptial and I usually buy a few for the family so I stuck Brendans name on a pair too. Might be an idea for some you never know something might come of it and be useful for the Prevailing Art Fund!

Back